In case you missed it - not the clay!

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Growl

Hello all, hope your evening is going well.

I'm not sure how many forum readers visit the 'meet ups' page but thought you should know that an ever growing group are planning a shoot at Ian Coleys on 16th March

this will be a 150 bird shoot with a difference and will be supporting Prostate Cancer, if you are interested have a look throught the thread and if you have any questions I'll do my best to answer them.

It's called the shoot clay support challenge here is a link

Best regards, Growl :hi:

Last edited by a moderator:
The other thread is 18 pages long! Growl, can you perhaps on here put the final format and details to save the huge trawl?

Cheers

Don't worry about the details Clever... just be there, :nyam:  you can car share up from mine... its all in aid of the fun loving walnut up your bum.. so a good cause with some decent fun!

Plus - with your current form - you'll prolly win it.

Don't worry about the details Clever... just be there, :nyam:  you can car share up from mine... its all in aid of the fun loving walnut up your bum.. so a good cause with some decent fun!

Plus - with your current form - you'll prolly win it.
Will broach the subject.. Ta for lift offer

Would need to leave Steve Scot Smith bound and gagged in the toilet to win it!

Is that a new form of convoluted handicapping system! :lol:   :lol:
Yep.

Us newbies get to shoot with both hands, experienced shooters one hand and the good shooters are bound & gagged ;-)

Sent from my Desire HD using tapatalk 2

Wow, I've just caught Accountants Disease - double entry!

Sent from my Desire HD using tapatalk 2

FIXED - Matt!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone, I have just typed up the layout for the day, I'll also add it as an attachment, it may read a little better.

The ShootClay Growler

Date of the shoot                   16 March 2013

Venue             Ian Coleys Shooting School    http://www.iancoley.co.uk/findus.html

Format:

75 Sporting

25 DTL

10 Double Trap

25 Sportrap (Compak)

45 Flush (3 Man flush, so 15 targets each)

That gives us 135 competition and the Flush - 150 targets all together.

The Prizes:

The best and (dare I say) worst shot on the day will be decided on how much better (or worse) you have shot from the honest average of your last 3 shoots, this will hopefully act as a leveler – I need these scores sent to me by 13 March latest or I cannot enter you for the most / least improved prizes!

First place will receive a name on the prestigious 'Growler' shield

Last place gets the infamous RBS (Really Bad Shot) award,( Andy is trying to locate an old Hammer Gun to act as the RBS, with the idea that the stock will be engraved with the shooters name and will be used each year, there is also a little 'keepsake' least improved shot shield to hold on to) 

And a complimentary 1 hour session with Ed Solomons – including clays.

Along side this we are running this as a fur-n-feather, everyone who brings along a prize (between £8 - £30) gets to take a prize back, you get to choose a prize (which can if you like be wrapped - to increase the fun) on a sliding scale of how you shot - winner chooses first etc.

The Raffle:

A Masterclass place with Phil and Ben (value £300)

250 Ian Coley Blue's and

One of Phil’s new DVD's

On top of this our very own ShootClay Admin has mentioned the possibility of some logo'ed goodies and a bottle of Champagne.

The Cost:

The price per person will be £50 – this includes tea/coffee, bacon roll or full English on arrival, with a burger or similar at the end.

on top of this the raffle tickets are £5 each, there is a limit of 2 each that way everyone is in with a fair crack of the whip without feeling robbed and Prostate Cancer gets some moola.

The Day:

The format will be to start 10ish -with the group split into teams, with one half doing the Sportrap, the other half DTL - and then swap over. After that it is on to the Sporting competition, then back for a bite to eat at lunchtime and finish with the Double Trap, followed by the Team Flush. Shaun for Coleys will be on hand and is known to a few of those coming so we will be in very good hands. Shaun will also be backed up by one of our ground team too.

On top of all this - just for a bit of fun we are going to lay on a pool shoot - the Ian Coley Extreme .410 Challenge

Everyone scores themselves, or one team scores as the others, maybe teams of 3 (3 man teams), then send out two teams of 3 to each stand - for the Trap & Compak Coleys will have one of their team with us.

I will collate the scores at the end of the day and announce the running.

What do you need to bring?

Your entry fee of £50

Lots of Cartridges!

A ‘fur & Feather prize (value between £8 and £30) – this is optional

Money for your Raffle tickets (max £10) – this will all go to Prostate Cancer UK

If anyone has said they will give a donation please bring this along

Money for a go on the .410 Extreme Challenge – this is optional

Above all come with a happy attitude, this is a fun day and you will get to have a laugh and enjoy meeting (and shooting with) other like minded members of the ShootClay forum, all this fun and the knowledge that you have helped a worthwhile cause, what more could you ask! Here’s to a great day, all the very best, Growl.

Hi Growl, can you remove me from the list please as i won't be coming, however Parkie will still be there, ta.

Latest posts

Back