OT 24 or 28 gram

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rc prob not as tight as blu :)
"probably"... did you pattern them and what barrels was it through?

I've used RC4 and loved them, just too expensive for everyday use IMHO. I like the fblu as brutal kills but if patterns are inconsistent....

Hi,

well clever has patterned the 28g f blu and concluded that the pattern was very tight, i concur so did a few others. Look at the fiochi post on cartridge section for full info. Very very good cartridge and a great price but tight pattern through some guns. If you have multi i suspect half and three quarter would work very well for trap any more than that and they are unforgiving IMO try the fiochi top one true English 7 1/2 very cheap but dont be put off i thought they were great in fact through my tight choke i thought they were better than the blu.

I am hearing excellent reports on FBlacks " Brilliant, Tight Pattern, Good Kills, Centre Dense, As good as Clever Mirage but cheaper,"

But I must admit the all the different branding  is confusing me, Top One, FBlues, FBlack, FBlack Sporting, FBlue Sporting, Super Sporting, all in Fiocchi 250 slab boxes that look (are) virtually the same. Then there is the shot size variation  some are English sizes, some are Italian sizes,  sounds like they have been packaged by a confused Yorkshire Lass.

I am hearing excellent reports on FBlacks " Brilliant, Tight Pattern, Good Kills, Centre Dense, As good as Clever Mirage but cheaper,"

But I must admit the all the different branding  is confusing me, Top One, FBlues, FBlack, FBlack Sporting, FBlue Sporting, Super Sporting, all in Fiocchi 250 slab boxes that look (are) virtually the same. Then there is the shot size variation  some are English sizes, some are Italian sizes,  sounds like they have been packaged by a confused Yorkshire Lass.
They are Italian Salop.

I do not get the Yarkshire bit becasue as as far as I know there is no set up in Yarkshire.

They are just like any other great company.....they give lots of choice.......for lots of disciplines......in some great, pretty colours (pink boxes coming soon).

P.s. you left off the best cartridges......Golden, shootoff and Samfour.

Fiochi post do cartridge section for further info.

Ps. IMO the best 24g (at least for my gun) is eley vip 7 1/2 pity there so flaming expensive.

Ive moved on to Victory Compaks, 24g available in 7.5, 8 and 9 (8's being 2.3mm) so English 7.5 and they are proving to be very good. Nice and light on shoulder and wallet (159 per thou) and gave some very convincing breaks when I shot some OT on Tuesday. 8 in first barrel and 7.5 in the second would be an excellent combo I think :)

Thats interesting, I used to shoot victory chalengers late 80s early 90s they were very good but havent seen them for a while. £159 is a good price if there any good. Were can you get em oop north I wonder.

Dissapointingly there web page doesnt give you antimony or velocity which is a bit strange

Last edited by a moderator:
Barry Phethean was the Victory importer and he is in Saddleworth I will find out and come back in a minute.

Richard is now the man in charge. He is near Huddersfield .

Thanks nic done a search and cant find a stockist, so might contact him for info. They used to be quite common many years ago.

Back