OT 24 or 28 gram

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miroukumk38

quick question guys and gals i am in B class at OT can i shoot birds only using 28 gram cartridges ? answers on a post card please

As Nicola says, you can practice all you like with 28gm but because your birds only scores are recorded for your next classification you may only use 24gm in A and B class. 24gm does cost less than 28gm.

Just been patterning 24gm F-blu, F-black, Red Shot at 30yd. Wish I hadn't looked. :mellow:

Last edited by a moderator:
The mis-shapen F-Blu were one batch. I've shot all those now. Came to no harm. :)

As Nicola says, you can practice all you like with 28gm but because your birds only scores are recorded for your next classification you may only use 24gm in A and B class. 24gm does cost less than 28gm.

Just been patterning 24gm F-blu, F-black, Red Shot at 30yd. Wish I hadn't looked. :mellow:
Hi david, much difference between them? I like the blus as they seem to hit hard. Ae the blacks any good?

According to Henry they are the finest cartridges ever, maybe 40UP has different ideas?

It does beg the question which cartridge actually does what it says on the tin?

RC4's, Top Shot,Red Shot Nics, Clevers, Hull DTL's

According to Henry they are the finest cartridges ever, maybe 40UP has different ideas?

It does beg the question which cartridge actually does what it says on the tin?

RC4's, Top Shot,Red Shot Nics, Clevers, Hull DTL's
blus or blacks?

Any Fiocchi........does what it says on the box.....!!

You just need the operator 'skill' not 'error'.....!!

Last edited:
ips - I've been off tinternet for 2 days but we did manage to test OT under floodlights last night. Because you can barely see the barrel especially once you start to move it is difficult to fuse the two objects in your vision together. So you are more conscious of the barrels than we expected. Not only that but the moon is in your eyes. A good spell is 4/5. A bad spell is wondering where the hell the barrels went. Think Nutty with the lights out. http://www.shootclayforum.com/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/huh.png

Last edited by a moderator:
ips - I've been off tinternet for 2 days but we did manage to test OT under floodlights last night. Because you can barely see the barrel especially once you start to move it is difficult to fuse the to objects in your vision together. So you are more conscious of the barrels than we expected. Not only that but the moon is in your eyes. A good spell is 4/5. A bad spell is wondering where the hell the barrels went. Think Nutty with the lights out. :huh:
LIKE.

(You are on an Italian jolly aren't you.....you lucky boy)

So wos up with those shells Fred? Can you explain a little more please mate? :huh:

Fred

So not wishing to sound smug but do you therefore concurr with my ongoing theory that we are indeed more aware of the barrel/bead than we think we are ??

Be interested to here your views my learned friend.

Les

I havent patterned f Blu but have been shooting em for the last month or so and I can tell you that IMO they are a perfectly good cartridge and look very sexy with that chrome cap :D ............. however IMO they are not a patch on eley VIP problem is theres about £50 difference per thou :(

What are the rules about 24g/28g for me? I'm unclassified. :/ Hmm...

Back