Opinions required

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my question was geared around the poster saying 

“...the made-for-me Perazzi really didn't fit that well......

I have fairly normal sporting forend, nothing big and trappy. Haven't seen if a lighter version is available, but don't reckon it can be much from wood saving. The large amount of steel is the problem. I could likely make the gun feel right with a game rib barrel and maybe come down to 31" but that is not a cheap fix.
Aah, we're going in opposite directions - I like to have weight forward, can't be doing with stock heavy guns. 

my question was geared around the poster saying 

“...the made-for-me Perazzi really didn't fit that well......

I thought HPX guns came with a guarantee of fit?
Yeah, it's a fair question.  The HPX DSR's comb was too high and the grip needed to drop along with the palm swell with the nose (very front of the comb where the thumb rests against) moved back.  The result is that the gun is much more manoeuvrable - most noticeable in high, quartering over the right shoulder targets.

I've had the gun 6 years so should have addressed the issue back then - truth being that for some target presentations i.e. long range crossers the gun was fabulous, with other targets where the grip needs to subtly change it became a hindrance.

Tim Greenwood said the fit of the DSR would have been good for driven game shooting (which I don't do), where as the Blaser F3 Vantage which I'd also taken that day was a focussed clay buster - though both a raised rib design. 

Back