Oh, how I wish...

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hear cartridge manufacturers upping the prices by 10-12%..... I wonder if that will make a difference to how much people will shoot?
Dont know about that, but I do know a few grounds put up clay prices during last two lockdown. I suspect a few may use the opportunity of this latest lockdown to do the same

Sadly to meet their over 50's target a certain group of high risk people have been sacrificed. Asthmatics.

I take inhaled steroids 2 doses twice a day and carry salbutamol at all times. Every cough or cold I get results in a chest infection which takes weeks to recover from and often two courses of antibiotics until I can breathe properly again. This happens every winter. Some asthmatics are a lot worse.

Last tuesday this poxy government took people like me from group six to group 10. I'm pestered every year to have the flu jab but apparently covid (a deadly respiratory disease) won't effect us more than anyone else. Utter tosh.

I've never felt so angry and disgusted. When the country is let out of lockdown and the government rejoices over only 50 deaths a day I hope people realise they'll be people like me. Under 50 years old with young families and their lives ahead of them.

27 years of conservative voting but never again. I'd rather not vote.

Rant over!!

PM.
Sad to hear that but I am guessing that it was the medical advisors/scientists that actually made that decision/gave the advice. I’m not making excuses for the government but they have been led mostly by these advisors.... sometimes a bit too much in my opinion.

Has anybody seen any plans as to HOW we are going to vaccinate the 'Illegal' immigrants that keep moving around the Country  ?  Each time the Border Agency catch a few, they are arrested but then immediately released, to move to another part of the Country and continue working illegally. I have no doubt that somewhere there will be a sort of 'Master Plan' that involves vaccinating them before they are released to move on. How they will get the second jab remains a puzzle  ?  

Sadly to meet their over 50's target a certain group of high risk people have been sacrificed. Asthmatics.

I take inhaled steroids 2 doses twice a day and carry salbutamol at all times. Every cough or cold I get results in a chest infection which takes weeks to recover from and often two courses of antibiotics until I can breathe properly again. This happens every winter. Some asthmatics are a lot worse.

Last tuesday this poxy government took people like me from group six to group 10. I'm pestered every year to have the flu jab but apparently covid (a deadly respiratory disease) won't effect us more than anyone else. Utter tosh.

I've never felt so angry and disgusted. When the country is let out of lockdown and the government rejoices over only 50 deaths a day I hope people realise they'll be people like me. Under 50 years old with young families and their lives ahead of them.

Rant over!!

PM.
I am in the same position as you are, asthmatic from birth and have nearly died twice. I too take a preventative twice a day and can remember when salbutamol inhalers didn't exist ( what a literal life saver they are) . I was contacted to have the vaccine yesterday so hope may be on the horizon for asthmatics. If it gives you some solace i caught Covid last March, it was the strangest breathing experience I have had, not a single wheeze or asthma symptom, it was the first time in my life I struggled for air without any constriction to my airways. It felt like drowning on land you could feel your lungs filling with liquid as the weeks passed almost like diving in water too deep and thinking you wouldn't get back to the surface. The government handling of this will certainly be scrutinised in the aftermath, I am personally going to reserve judgment until then. keep your chin up a fellow wheezy shooter.

The numbers are coming down very quickly, more quickly than the government/scientists etc had predicted. By vaccinating the first 15 million, that is supposed to cut covid related deaths by 90%. It also has a massive impact on reducing hospital admissions/, therefore easing the burden on the NHS.

Vaccinating the over 50s (vaccine supply dependent), should be achievable by end of March as it will be easier to vaccinate that age group due to mobility etc. That will pretty much clear nearly all the most at risk groups (potential covid related deaths and hospital admissions). Also, covid is seasonal and will be massively declining by the end of March/April. 

The goalposts (must have infection rates in the 100s) appear to be continuing to change, something that I find quite concerning..... Once the over 50s are protected by vaccination, there is absolutely no need for lockdown measures to be in place at all. The government and scientists are very blinkered around covid and only looking at the short term. I worry that the longer term effect on other health conditions (mental and physical) will far outweigh Covid...

My prediction is outdoor sports such at shooting/golf etc will be back by mid/end of March.

rant over.
Watch the lies, damn lies and statistics... the week they gloat over infection reduction they hide the fact that 800,000 less tests were done in that week than normal! It honestly is horse crap and we are being treated like idiots, by idiots.  Notwithstanding asthmatics being chucked under the bus (maybe it was the one that alluded to £300M per week to nhs) this government has changed direction more times than a busted satnav and manipulates numbers to suit back benchers moaning.    

If they do ‘follow the science’ I don’t think we’ll be clay shooting until something beginning with J..

Has anybody seen any plans as to HOW we are going to vaccinate the 'Illegal' immigrants that keep moving around the Country  ?  Each time the Border Agency catch a few, they are arrested but then immediately released, to move to another part of the Country and continue working illegally. I have no doubt that somewhere there will be a sort of 'Master Plan' that involves vaccinating them before they are released to move on. How they will get the second jab remains a puzzle  ?  
Probably just as many legal residents of the UK that will refuse the vaccine.

So I guess that we don’t worry about them, it shouldn’t have to much effect on those who have had the jab 

I am in the same position as you are, asthmatic from birth and have nearly died twice. I too take a preventative twice a day and can remember when salbutamol inhalers didn't exist ( what a literal life saver they are) . I was contacted to have the vaccine yesterday so hope may be on the horizon for asthmatics. If it gives you some solace i caught Covid last March, it was the strangest breathing experience I have had, not a single wheeze or asthma symptom, it was the first time in my life I struggled for air without any constriction to my airways. It felt like drowning on land you could feel your lungs filling with liquid as the weeks passed almost like diving in water too deep and thinking you wouldn't get back to the surface. The government handling of this will certainly be scrutinised in the aftermath, I am personally going to reserve judgment until then. keep your chin up a fellow wheezy shooter.
Thankyou for your reply. I'm still trying to compute what they've actually done. The algorithms and all that nonsense say we are at no greater risk. As you know, asthma ranges from hardly any symptoms at all to being deadly. Like a lot of sufferers I am fairly well controlled but when I'm ill I'm really ill.

It hasn't occurred to the morons that the bulk of asthma sufferers who've caught covid will be from the mild end of the scale. Those more severe will have voluntarily shielded or been very cautious. That will effect any results study.

I have written to my MP for all the good it will do. It amused me that on the Gov website it instructed me on how I should address him in a letter. I'll call him what I like, he works for me!

PM. 

Thankyou for your reply. I'm still trying to compute what they've actually done. The algorithms and all that nonsense say we are at no greater risk. As you know, asthma ranges from hardly any symptoms at all to being deadly. Like a lot of sufferers I am fairly well controlled but when I'm ill I'm really ill.

It hasn't occurred to the morons that the bulk of asthma sufferers who've caught covid will be from the mild end of the scale. Those more severe will have voluntarily shielded or been very cautious. That will effect any results study.

I have written to my MP for all the good it will do. It amused me that on the Gov website it instructed me on how I should address him in a letter. I'll call him what I like, he works for me!

PM. 
I have contacted politicians on various subjects over the years and always got the usual cut and paste answers, short of pissing in their letterbox or running them over with your car I fear you will surely be disappointed.😠

• Haha
Reactions: RJD
Well, today's news reports don't fill me with hope for the coming season. It looks like outdoor sporting facilities will reopen from the 29th March with gatherings allowed up to a maximum of six people or two households. Leisure travel will be allowed from April with guidance that this be local only. Overnight accommodation will not be permitted.

If true, this pretty much puts pay to all competitions in the spring including England selection events and the Grand Prix at Fauxdegla SG.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting what you say about asthma - have 30 something members of the team having had the AZ jab because they are mildly asthmatic - doesn’t seem to be a consistent policy to treat as group 10 - I am group 8 and no call before 30/ year old asthmatic in same area

Well, today's news reports don't fill me with hope for the coming season. It looks like outdoor sporting facilities will reopen from the 29th March with gatherings allowed up to a maximum of six people or two households. Leisure travel will be allowed from April with guidance that this be local only. Overnight accommodation will not be allowed.

If true, this pretty much puts pay to all competitions in the spring including England selection events and the Grand Prix at Fauxdegla SG.
29th March seems way too  cautious to me . Looking at the other stuff I really think people will start to get angry and not comply.  You only have to walk around now and see large groups of kids just hanging around with now where to go and nothing to do. When schools start back there will be massive mixing . However things like clay shooting, and golf which can be conducted in perfect safety not allowed. Very miffed 😡

Lockdown, what lockdown, where I live we are still getting people coming in walking around the town taking photos, obvious they are on a day out. No one around here and most parts of the country it seems are checking for essential travel only

Lockdown, what lockdown, where I live we are still getting people coming in walking around the town taking photos, obvious they are on a day out. No one around here and most parts of the country it seems are checking for essential travel only
Yes wherever you go you see crowds at beauty spots country parks etc. People are really getting bored and making them suck another 6 weeks is asking far too much now. Be interesting to see if the other three devolved governments give their citizens a bit more leeway

Yes wherever you go you see crowds at beauty spots country parks etc. People are really getting bored and making them suck another 6 weeks is asking far too much now. Be interesting to see if the other three devolved governments give their citizens a bit more leeway
Lets face it they follow each other like sheep, too wary about it going wrong and the others saying see told you so

It's about keeping frontline staff well enough to continue to do their jobs. I had mine on Thursday. The speed of the vaccinations is now ramping up and will be much slicker with the army involved. I reckon we will be shooting by March.
I hate to be smug but..... 😉 

Rant over!!

PM.
My wife is asthmatic, in her forties, she is booked in for Thursday, she emailed the surgery to enquire was she due as all seemed a bit confusing, may be worth contacting your local surgery

Yesterday , I thought I’d drive a few miles and then walk along the canal to Hebden Bridge . I have access to 50 acres of farmland next to me , but on a weekend it is now swamped by Mass Trespassers .. to the point it looks like my nephew is farming Patagonia clad dog walkers / sheep worriers not Hampshire Downs ! 
When I arrived in Hebden Bridge the town centre was a little more crowded than Blackpool on Illuminations night .  There were a dozen outdoor cooking stations serving everything from wood fired Pizza to Indian street food , bakers open , cafes for takeaways , coffee vans , even a pub doing a click and collect , order by text at the menu board then collect and pay .  A Puppeteer was entertaining the kids , every step  snd wall by the river taken by fed up people enjoying their food in the sun .  For a bit of colour a scooter club and a “ rat bike club “ had turned up as well .
The local plod were noticeably absent , and I don’t blame them , they police by consent , it’s one thing raiding a house party , it’s another dealing with hundreds of families . 

The vaccinations around here are going full steam ahead with the 60’s ( who were put back for the clinically extremely vulnerable 18-64 ) receiving their instructions to book over the weekends . 

The genie is definitely out of the bottle now , and nothing is going to put it back ,  when the scene above is in play all over the country  stopping a few pairs of pensioners potting clays on a midweek day does seem quite silly 

Back