Oh, how I wish...

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's about keeping frontline staff well enough to continue to do their jobs. I had mine on Thursday. The speed of the vaccinations is now ramping up and will be much slicker with the army involved. I reckon we will be shooting by March.
+ 1.

I’ll have a quid in the virtual sweepstake for ‘we will be shooting by...March’

They need to be vaccinating 2 million people a week for it to be March

They need to be vaccinating 2 million people a week for it to be March
The lockdown is to reduce the R number and get the NHS out of the emergency situation it finds itself in (due to Covidiots)... we won’t be in a full lockdown for the entire vaccination process. We’ll drop back into tiers once the R reduces again and hospitals can cope. 👍

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't forget after the first jab it will be three weeks before you have some protection from Covid and not fully until the second jab

Without lockdown we are going to keep going around in circles until a vast swathe of the population is vaccinated

Well, the upside is I haven’t been into the office since March, having now a third forced break from shooting for a good few weeks, no dining out, cinema, pub, coffee & cake with the Mrs, shopping or holidays. I’ve saved at least ten grand, three grand from my commute alone and the “you tight fisted northern b’stard” comments have stopped 😁
Similar.  Been into the office twice since March. My train fare alone is a £500 a month saving. I'm a tight southern bastard though.

Don't forget after the first jab it will be three weeks before you have some protection from Covid and not fully until the second jab

Without lockdown we are going to keep going around in circles until a vast swathe of the population is vaccinated
15 million to be vaccinated by 15th Feb. That is the vast majority of the most at risk. Most of the riskiest will be done by the end of the Jan.

The Pfizer jab gives up to 90% from first jab and Oxford 70%..... that gives the person receiving it a very good chance of not developing serious illness, therefore not requiring hospital admission. I do not believe that the Lockdown will be until everyone is vaccinated, just until those that are the most vulnerable have some protection. 

I am not going to get into a deep debate on this, life is too short to be all doom and gloom. I just look forward to being able to shoot in the not too distant future.

15M by 15/2 is a super human effort, 5M by then would be amazing!

Well as of 11 Jan according to NHS website (rounded figures)

2.3 M vaccinations

2M first dose

0.3 M second dose

I expect to easily do 5m by end of this month 

Let's be fair this is a great effort so far 👍
Absolutely awesome and set to be 3M in the next day or so!

Well agreed, I won’t die from not going shooting... but it’s this social distancing that is getting me. I’m having a hell of a job trying to stay 2 metres away from Mrs Flintstone as it is, and to now not be allowed shooting as well....

😂🤣😂😂🤣🤣

(..and yes, I love her really!)

(? Well, she might see this!)
and to now not be allowed shooting as well ....... Oh  THaaaat shooting.

Don't joke, the 'leader' Julius Malema ( Chief sh*t stirrer ) of the EFF in South Africa proposed Friday that all dating and unmarried sex in the country be made an offense. They already have a complete ban on alcohol sales, trying to do that here would I have no doubt result in Westminster suffering the same as the Capitol did last week!

Just for amoment I felt normality. It's snowing here in South Leicestrshire - hard enough that i would not normally bother with the car and thus go clay shooting. I can forget Covid-19 for the day and do what I would normally do when it snows - put the gun away and take the (over excited) Malamute for a walk !!!.

Plenty of murmuring in  the press today about outdoor recreation starting around 9 March. I really hope so, I have really missed shooting. I have found it harder this time than the first two lock downs. I just hope we get the go ahead and if it is around 9th March its still 3 weeks away. Fingers and everything crossed

Strangely, I've missed shooting less this time around.  In fact, I've barely missed it at all, almost to the extent that it makes we wonder about starting up again at all. I'm sure after the first time out I'll be hooked again, but not sure that I'll be as obsessive about it from now on.

Strangely, I've missed shooting less this time around.  In fact, I've barely missed it at all, almost to the extent that it makes we wonder about starting up again at all. I'm sure after the first time out I'll be hooked again, but not sure that I'll be as obsessive about it from now on.
likewise... I think though this time (as we have gotten used to lockdowns), I was resigned to the fact that it would be a couple of months and kind of simply got on with other things after the initial ‘good clean’ of the gun, and not given it another thought. In fact, I’ve only opened my cabinet once since Christmas, and that was to put away a couple of shooting pressies ! 

I’m sure that once it opens up again, we’ll all get back into it just as quick. Especially with Spring approaching and the weather (hopefully) improving!

I hear cartridge manufacturers upping the prices by 10-12%..... I wonder if that will make a difference to how much people will shoot?

Well as of 11 Jan according to NHS website (rounded figures)

2.3 M vaccinations

2M first dose

0.3 M second dose

I expect to easily do 5m by end of this month 

Let's be fair this is a great effort so far 👍
I went to a mass vaccination centre at Huddersfield Town’s John Smith’s Stadium yesterday . The organisation was superb . I suspect the hand of some professional logisticians had designed it , perhaps the Military ? From booking a slot on Monday to receiving the jab on Tuesday , less than 24 hours . From arriving at the stadium to leaving ( via the pitch ! ) , around 10 minutes ! 
Guided to parking , directed foot traffic , reception outside on iPads , and multiple treatment bays .  I actually believe the government forecasts for rolling out the vaccination. They are doing a world class job  ( although whether it is at the cost of something else in the health system is open to debate ) . 

What I do think however, is that after the Xmas screw ups , they will be thinking long and hard about allowing mass gatherings for sporting events in the foreseeable future ,  but surely now we can expect practice rounds by spring ? 

I went to a mass vaccination centre at Huddersfield Town’s John Smith’s Stadium yesterday . The organisation was superb . I suspect the hand of some professional logisticians had designed it , perhaps the Military ? From booking a slot on Monday to receiving the jab on Tuesday , less than 24 hours . From arriving at the stadium to leaving ( via the pitch ! ) , around 10 minutes ! 
Guided to parking , directed foot traffic , reception outside on iPads , and multiple treatment bays .  I actually believe the government forecasts for rolling out the vaccination. They are doing a world class job  ( although whether it is at the cost of something else in the health system is open to debate ) . 

What I do think however, is that after the Xmas screw ups , they will be thinking long and hard about allowing mass gatherings for sporting events in the foreseeable future ,  but surely now we can expect practice rounds by spring ? 
The numbers are coming down very quickly, more quickly than the government/scientists etc had predicted. By vaccinating the first 15 million, that is supposed to cut covid related deaths by 90%. It also has a massive impact on reducing hospital admissions/, therefore easing the burden on the NHS.

Vaccinating the over 50s (vaccine supply dependent), should be achievable by end of March as it will be easier to vaccinate that age group due to mobility etc. That will pretty much clear nearly all the most at risk groups (potential covid related deaths and hospital admissions). Also, covid is seasonal and will be massively declining by the end of March/April. 

The goalposts (must have infection rates in the 100s) appear to be continuing to change, something that I find quite concerning..... Once the over 50s are protected by vaccination, there is absolutely no need for lockdown measures to be in place at all. The government and scientists are very blinkered around covid and only looking at the short term. I worry that the longer term effect on other health conditions (mental and physical) will far outweigh Covid...

My prediction is outdoor sports such at shooting/golf etc will be back by mid/end of March.

rant over.

The numbers are coming down very quickly, more quickly than the government/scientists etc had predicted. By vaccinating the first 15 million, that is supposed to cut covid related deaths by 90%. It also has a massive impact on reducing hospital admissions/, therefore easing the burden on the NHS.

Vaccinating the over 50s (vaccine supply dependent), should be achievable by end of March as it will be easier to vaccinate that age group due to mobility etc. That will pretty much clear nearly all the most at risk groups (potential covid related deaths and hospital admissions). Also, covid is seasonal and will be massively declining by the end of March/April. 

The goalposts (must have infection rates in the 100s) appear to be continuing to change, something that I find quite concerning..... Once the over 50s are protected by vaccination, there is absolutely no need for lockdown measures to be in place at all. The government and scientists are very blinkered around covid and only looking at the short term. I worry that the longer term effect on other health conditions (mental and physical) will far outweigh Covid...

My prediction is outdoor sports such at shooting/golf etc will be back by mid/end of March.

rant over.
100% agree. Like so many things, there is crudely an 80/20 rule. Sort the most critical 20% of the issues and 80% of the problem is gone.

Sadly to meet their over 50's target a certain group of high risk people have been sacrificed. Asthmatics.

I take inhaled steroids 2 doses twice a day and carry salbutamol at all times. Every cough or cold I get results in a chest infection which takes weeks to recover from and often two courses of antibiotics until I can breathe properly again. This happens every winter. Some asthmatics are a lot worse.

Last tuesday this poxy government took people like me from group six to group 10. I'm pestered every year to have the flu jab but apparently covid (a deadly respiratory disease) won't effect us more than anyone else. Utter tosh.

I've never felt so angry and disgusted. When the country is let out of lockdown and the government rejoices over only 50 deaths a day I hope people realise they'll be people like me. Under 50 years old with young families and their lives ahead of them.

27 years of conservative voting but never again. I'd rather not vote.

Rant over!!

PM.

Back