not really game shootin

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nigel

I was out for a shot today with my dad,we went to a field were he shot 30 pigeons yesterday, there were 60/70 on the field at 9 o'clock when we walked they off they never came back – not one of them /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-yell.gif but I did shoot one magpie,5 crows – 3 of them with 3 shots coming over the tree tops, a Left & Right of grey backs crows was the most satisfying shooting of the day especially as it's rare to get a shot at a pair of them and as the second one was paced out at 65 yards :) stone dead. I used the Maxus with the Helix 1/2 choke and a mix of old 32grm shells I use for pigeons.A big change from what I was doin at the same time last week. Nige

Last edited by a moderator:
I gave the clays a miss last weekend and went crow shooting,shot 102 and 5 pigeons,then finised the day off with a duck flight,got 12 in total 8 mallard,3 teal and a widgeon,cheaper than clays too!

You've both inspired me to go down to the Barley field below our house, there's been loads of crows and pigeons about lately around our house. I think it's a bumper year for pigeons this year, we've never seen so many here in wales with it not really being a country renowned for crop growing but i think now farmers are diversifying into crops more now, then that's why theres more here. I also have a score to settle with Charlie who's been laying down in the feg below the barley. I had 19 chickens at the start of the year, I now have 5/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-frown.gif.

Latest posts

Back