New Sub Forum

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So - Bob & Ian get to the same numbers on the Bilbao Ferry - too expensive, and the wrong days as well to get there for the shoot days (Thurs - Sun shooting, Wednesday practice - so you'd want to arrive on Tuesday and Leave on Monday)

As I see it - there are two other options

Option 1 : Ferry + Drive - Four People in a Car, share the driving around a 24 hour trip - I'd be OK to take my car for this if enough people fancied it

Dover to Calais (Ferry or Eurotunnel) = £150ish maybe £200

Drive (approx. 1000 miles) = 4 tanks of fuel in my car = £480

Tolls = Approx £200

Total = £800/£850

Advantages - guns in the car, your chosen, ammo in the car, schedule dictated by us

Option 2 : Fly and Car Hire - Four People

Flights = £600 ish / Maybe cheaper if airmiles deals are about, or EasyJet is booked early enough.

Gun Transport = £200 (based on £25 per gun case pp ew Easy Jet - is more on BA)

Car Hire = £200 + Fuel £50 - maybe more if you want a bigger car (our Series 1 wasn't big enough for four)

Total = £1050 (more if BA)

Advantages - no 24 hour drive, drink all the way

Love to know peoples thoughts around this...

A big issue for me would be the amount of leave I have to take from work. I'm fairly limited and reluctant to take more than 5 days away, as per Portugal this year. If we rushed the drive part I wouold also be completley knackerd for a few days afterwards, so pending flight prices, I would still be inclined to fly.

You guys will also have to sign up to the Fitasc site and get a shooters card, you won't be able to enter the event without it. No hurry and it's very simple, go to Fitasc.com, switch to English unless you parlez a bit of vous, then click the entry competition tag. This will allow you to register on the site and get a shooters card.

We're also hoping to do Prague as well next year for the Europeans and have booked into: http://www.booking.com/hotel/cz/posta.html?aid=304142&label=postbooking_confemail

My thoughts;

Cost isn't the biggest factor to me - I'm single and have very few commitments, plus, it's a holiday!

I like the idea that we can dictate our own schedule

I don't drink - much!

Driving would be more of an adventure

We keep the guns and bullets with us

An option would be to do both - those who want to fly, fly. Those who prefer the drive, drive. This obviously means we don't travel as a gang, but I think as individuals, we need to do what we're happy with. Absolutely nothing is to be read into that last sentence, I'm just throwing the thought out there!

An issue about the costing is that I believe there are 7 of us, so if the flyers fly and the drivers drive, it's going to be unequal whichever way we look at it. This isn't a problem to me, but might be to others.

All this said, I'd be happy with either option, and will go with the majority! :D I am soooo laid back about it, the back of my head is touching the floor!

Discuss!

Yeah - I'm easy as well (we have time to decide) - if the car is full, then it's very economical. If I drove with others - then I could take flyers ammo down (not guns - too much responsibility)

Well, if Bob and Woo and Ian and Claire fly, then it's 3 in a car - unless someone else joins up meanwhile.

I'm happy with that, but as I said, I'm eeeeaaasy!! :D

I've been told the hotels in Czech are filling up fast, try the one in my previous post, ot I think there is a list on englishsportingclays

Damn......here am I, booked on to the Grand Masters, Westfield 150, hotels booked in Czech for the Europeans, Madrid for the Worlds...... and I've never shot fitasc in me life! .

There will now ensue a serious practice regime!

Tony - there's Fitasc at Southdown this Sunday, you're welcome to a lift if you can make it to mine

Thanks Bob, but I've already promised a couple guys to do Wylye this Sunday - and I have money to collect! ;)

I'll be having a couple days of coaching in fitasc the following week, but if there's anything on the week after that, I'll be up for it. :D

Back