Forum Changes / Announcement

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad someones sharing the load with you!  Well done Jon /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif Can't wait to see the new look - bring it on!! Ally  Steve says as long as he can read it he doesn't care what colour it is and what's an interface anyway?!  He will join the 21st Century one day....... /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-frown.gif

while your here Ally, Is Weston next weekend a 9.30 first shots as on the cpsa site? want to do that then nip up to newbold for my winnings /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-cool.gif

Wow - I go away for a week on the piste and its all change when I get back.  Things move quickly. If you need any help on the fruit based platforms, I am a fruit based developer. Cheers Woody

Thanks Woody - we'll have a test environment up soon, might need some fruitbased testing.

Thanks Woody ;)  Right, we are finally ready to perform the cut over tomorrow while you are all out running shoots or shooting shoots :)  The current site will be backed up for the final time in the morning ready for import to the new platform, if you could consider in mind that anything posted after 10am tomorrow morning (Sunday 29th January) will not be migrated to the new platform, everything else will be. All being well we should be up and running on the new platform by the time you get home and have warmed up again. Assuming the cut over goes to plan the new permanent URL will be:  http://www.shootclayforum.com and the current forum link will be re-directed there.  For anyone that has bookmarked the current forum link you will need to delete it and create a new one. We have tested, planned, tested and planned but please bear in mind that there may be teething issues that we are unable to replicate whilst in a test environment.  We will work to resolve any issues as quickly as possible. There will be a ShootClay Sandpit for you to get used to the new features and test things out, posts in this forum can and will be deleted at any time; this is provided to let you all get used to the new features, UI and remain for new members to get used to the site.  These posts will not count towards your total post count. The new site is the start of the beginning and will grow, things will change organically as we progress. PM's were requested by members but will not be available until you have made 100 posts; this decision was made based on the fact we don't want new members being able to spam members via PM and to keep discussions in the open.  Hopefully we should be able to provide the option for members to opt out of PM functionality should they wish. Finally, we would like to thank you for your contributions so far and your patience whilst we move to the new platform. Matt and Jon.

Skeet Jon - I can't PM you back! Not enough posts but yep, logged straight in and now the forums are here! Well done that team!

No smileys though ;) at least not when i click the button :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool :)

Well the migratio seems to have gone to plan.. we had a few issues along the way but certainly wasn't as painful as these things can be :) Looking on the bright side we are not going to have to change the forum software again :)

If you notice any issues please report them in the BugTrak forum.

Cheers and happy posting,

Jon & Matt.

All looks new and shiney- should only take me a few years to get used to! Well done Matt an John, good work.

Ed

Wooooooooo Hooooooooo its fab, so far really easy to use and quick as well.

I feel the futures bright :D :D :D

lets have a lovely picture & signature then - come on.... lots of fields to fill out

Thanks Gaz - time for a picture of your handsome mug on here....

Hi All,

We have now added a ShootClay Lounge at the bottom of the community section for non shooting related discussions and advice.

No doubt we posess between us a considerable range of skills outside of shooting which we can offer non shooting advice.

We will monitor the usage and if members don't see the need for the Lounge we can review.

Cheers,

Jon.

Latest posts

Back