New game.

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the idea it looks fun, as long as you remember who is shooting what.

I passed out trying to remember that sequence....

The first shooter takes two barrels to kill the centre target, there's now two targets in the air, can shooter two kill them both?

probably not, I would think if you shoot at wrong target its lost

what i really like the look of is clay snooker .  does look fun

clay-snooker-.jpg

seen snooker clays at a show about 10 years ago john bidwell demoed it I think it seemed difficult at the last 3 colours but good fun I think.

ther is also star shot don't forget which will be be re introduced at barleylands game fair in October

info attached

Star Shot

Starshot is a huge “half-circle target” that was designed as a new way to enjoy clay target skeet shooting. Invented in Scotland in the 1980s, the
Burghley-16-111-1024x684.jpg
structure stands almost 30 feet high and is divided into 12 scoring segments. Clay targets are released on command and the shooter’s score is valued according to the zone in which the target is broken. ESPN ran a program with the same name – Starshot, in the late 80s and early 90s, with two teams of two playing against each other, with one person on each team being a professional marksman, and the other person being a popular athlete of the time (usually one who did have some experience with guns though).

The BBC also started a series of TV programmes on the same format. Celebrities such as the cricketer Ian Botham and Jackie Stewart appeared on the show. Commentary was by David Vine and after Eight months of hard graft and some serious investment have finally allowed Lancashire shooter, John Bridges, to realise a long held ambition to revitalise and re-launch the one and only mobile shooting rig known as; Starshot. After being lain up in an open ended barn for eleven years John totally stripped the mobile unit and rebuilt it from scratch, pumping a vast amount of his own money into it along the way. The idea of Starshot is to shoot each number from 1 to 12 in sequence in its own section plus a pair to finish which would give the shooter a maximum total of 88 if they had successfully hit them all.

FacebookTwitterGoogle+Share

content-filler.png

ATEO-Show-Poster-Tesro-Smile-723x1024.jpg

ATEO-Show-Poster-BSA-Goldstar-716x1024.jpg

ATEO-Show-Poster-Have-a-Go-716x1024.jpg

ATEO-Show-Poster-Speed-Shoot-712x1024.jpg

Days13
Hours49
Minutes6
Seconds

I watched the starshot at Lowther show on Sunday, looked interesting, but I didn't have my gun to have a go...

I shot starshot in the 80s and I seem to remember there was a version were two of you shot as a team...i could be dreaming of course.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tried star shot a Whitfield highbirds clay shoot and it's great fun. Highly addictive I found!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I watched the starshot at Lowther show on Sunday, looked interesting, but I didn't have my gun to have a go...
i was there aswell i was over from ireland so i didnt have my gun either, but the lads doing it would have provided you with the gun and ammo for £10 . i tried it ,good fun . hit them all but i was slow doing it so crap score . . 

one thing with the one in lowther compared to the pic above, was that the centre ring was covered so you didnt see the clay until it was already in the first scoring zone . youd want the reflexes of bruce lee to hit it there :D

Latest posts

Back