Music protection

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On a more serious note , you wouldn’t be actually entering the stand and a shooting with music playing would you ?  I can understand someone in a competition  isolating themselves  between shooting listening to music , in fact some of the Olympians listen to motivational tracks between squads  . But if the idea is to have “ Ride of the Valkyrie “ walloping out over 5 pairs of driven , Colonel Kilgore style , 😂, I can think of a dozen reasons that’s so wrong with a loaded gun in your hands . From not hearing a safety  officers whistle or horn blown  to stop shooting , to not hearing your mates shout “ duck “ as half a broke clay comes slicing towards you bonce. 

Hah, my mates tend to shout something much ruder when that happens! 😀

To be honest, I probably would but not any level that would obstruct me hearing any warnings, are., just a quiet background no more than a voice. Listen to Weightless by Marconi Union and you'd get the idea, but Brian eno from earlier would be about the same.

Point taken though, and understand so I'd work on common sense on that one I guess. And perhaps as I don't do anything more than shooting for fun at the mo but never heard of a specified safety officer when I've shot but that makes sense for a ground to have one, even when they don't inform you of it. Every day is a school day. 😊

Last edited by a moderator:
On a more serious note , you wouldn’t be actually entering the stand and a shooting with music playing would you ?  I can understand someone in a competition  isolating themselves  between shooting listening to music , in fact some of the Olympians listen to motivational tracks between squads  . But if the idea is to have “ Ride of the Valkyrie “ walloping out over 5 pairs of driven , Colonel Kilgore style , 😂, I can think of a dozen reasons that’s so wrong with a loaded gun in your hands . From not hearing a safety  officers whistle or horn blown  to stop shooting , to not hearing your mates shout “ duck “ as half a broke clay comes slicing towards you bonce. 
Yet in ISSF finals there must be played music over the loudspeakers. 

If I have broken clays coming at me while shooting, I aught to have bigger worries (shoot trap disciplines). 

I did it for fun yesterday at practice, put my in ear headphones (they are musician type, so they also act as earprotection), put my over ear defenders on over them. Pink Floyd in ears and start shooting. 

I discovered one thing, I had no clue how the others faired (couldn't hear the buzzer), which actually was quite nice. Obviously the downside is I wouldn't be able to hear the ref, so a yellow card would be definitely within range, if not a green or red. 

Lars 

Back