Budget Flight Case

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can recall that the violin case was used to conceal and carry guns, in the past, but is a piano case not taking things to the extreme ?

You shouldn't put Budgies in cases.

Americase buy a K get one free.
You're right there Rosso, I'm sure my K (Americase) case is a bloody sight heavier than my gun!!!! In fact it may be too heavy to go as luggage.....may be charged frieght if I took it anywhere!!!!   :laugh:

PS......now wait for the K comments to flood in....tin hat now in place......

What Dorset Cow....(she says in safe knowledge that she is a Lancastrian :laugh: )

Recently used a Negrini double case to take to guns to Portugal from UK. Main reason was to keep within permitted luggage allowances, No sign of damage to the case and suspect got loaded and unloaded both ends by airport security rather than normal baggage handlers.

Here's my Perazzi ABS guncase damaged by baggage handlers at either Malaga or Stansted airport on an Easyjet flight.  I reported the damage when I received the the guncase after the luggage had been unloaded from the aircraft.  When I declared the gun at Customs and opened the case I discovered the Essevierre stock on my Perazzi was cracked through the wrist of the stock.  I had to report that too, after an interminable wait for someone to attend the service desk.

Thanks to the NFU I travelled to Italy to have a replacement stock made and also a replacement guncase.  My custom stocks are a separate specified item to the actual gun and that paid dividends. 

post-648-0-79264700-1413828872.jpg

Attachments

• Perazzi Damaged Gunbox.JPG
    Perazzi Damaged Gunbox.JPG
    92.8 KB · Views: 0
Here's my Perazzi ABS guncase damaged by baggage handlers at either Malaga or Stansted airport on an Easyjet flight.  I reported the damage when I received the the guncase after the luggage had been unloaded from the aircraft.  When I declared the gun at Customs and opened the case I discovered the Essevierre stock on my Perazzi was cracked through the wrist of the stock.  I had to report that too, after an interminable wait for someone to attend the service desk.

Thanks to the NFU I travelled to Italy to have a replacement stock made and also a replacement guncase.  My custom stocks are a separate specified item to the actual gun and that paid dividends. 

attachicon.gif
Perazzi Damaged Gunbox.JPG
Wow phil that looks like it was dragged a serious distance! Perhaps wedged under the wheel of a baggage cart?

Wow phil that looks like it was dragged a serious distance! Perhaps wedged under the wheel of a baggage cart?
I thought it'd done a lap of the perimeter runway, it'd had some heat in it as the plastic was quite soft to touch.

Glad you were well insured Phil! I assume no one at the airport gave much of toss........
Sporting equipment is carried at your own risk. I think the term is called limited release.

There was a smirk on the bloke's face when I told him the stock was cracked.

You need to read the small print on insurance policies very carefully and ask the right questions of call centre staff. NFU are first class. Others we checked out would cover the guns only inside the house. Some wouldn't cover them because they are competition guns or would only cover UK use. A blooming minefield.

None of my shooting friends either home or abroad have either seen or have heard of such an incident happening before or since. In the normal scheme of things the Perazzi standard supplied case is strong enough to protect the gun but whatever happened to mine was totally unexpected.

Sporting equipment is carried at your own risk. I think the term is called limited release.

There was a smirk on the bloke's face when I told him the stock was cracked.

You need to read the small print on insurance policies very carefully and ask the right questions of call centre staff. NFU are first class. Others we checked out would cover the guns only inside the house. Some wouldn't cover them because they are competition guns or would only cover UK use. A blooming minefield.
+1 for NFU

Airlines are protected by law when dealing with damage claims, this means they will pay out based on weight, I forget what the per kilo figure is buts it's not a lot. The difference can be claimed through most home content insurance policies.

Anyway, Americase, peli or something else, which one protects the base?

Most of the international rifle shooters that I know use peli cases quite often having 2 guns either a spare or one cartridge and one air so as to compete in more events which makes it cheaper for the team which is another thing being promoted in recent years.

I wonder if they might start to try to encourage that in clay target shooting?

Most of the international rifle shooters that I know use peli cases quite often having 2 guns either a spare or one cartridge and one air so as to compete in more events which makes it cheaper for the team which is another thing being promoted in recent years.

I wonder if they might start to try to encourage that in clay target shooting?
If they were organised and all flew from same airport to same airport on same flights then you could have a team trunk where all guns go in one this would be cheaper and they would be better protected.

http://www.trifibre.co.uk/road-trunk-flight-case-frt7.html 

Back