Looking after your wood

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aynesie

Just curious how everyone cares for the woodwork on their guns. I have an XS Pro and the manual states to just use Legia spray. I also have an AYA No2 but unsure what's the best way to look after it.

CCL gunstock conditioning oil is about as good as anything you can buy off the shelf . Just a drop and rub  with your palm until you feel your skin goes warm . A bottle should last you 15 or 20 years 🤣

Trade Secret GP Wax Polish for me. Rub it in, buff it away and enjoy a wonderful finish...and smell!

As above, tiny jar will last circa 10years I reckon!

I recently stripped back the CCL stock oil finish on my Beretta because it had become too shiny, so much so that it looked like gloss varnish. Got it back to a nice satin finish, then made the mistake of reading the marketing blurb for Browning Legia spray…..now it’s glossy again 🙄

I recently stripped back the CCL stock oil finish on my Beretta because it had become too shiny, so much so that it looked like gloss varnish. Got it back to a nice satin finish, then made the mistake of reading the marketing blurb for Browning Legia spray…..now it’s glossy again 🙄
Did the Legia spray affect the finish?

Legia whilst it's very good I wouldn't want to refinish a stock with it 😉

Renaissance wax and wood silk to try and keep mine looking good

Yeah I liked the sound of the protection that the Legia claimed….just made the wood look shiny again!! I assume it’s got silicons in it. Much like the crap those pop-up car washes spray all over your car after they’ve washed it to make the water bead on your paintwork!

Latest posts

Back