Longridge 16th June, Hereford & Worcs ESP Champoinship Shoot

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard59

All, didn't get to this one till nearly 2, bit of drizzle nothing significant and hardly any wind which was a pleasant change, ShootClays very own Clynt was leading with a 95 at the time and don't yet know it that carried the day, Clynt though is a Glos boy so can't take he H&R title. With all the shoots happening today and the big FITASC down the road at Westfied it was still a sizeable entry by the time I got there.

Again an 11 stand shoot,

Talking to a few before I went out I was told that it was a deceptive layout and you could easily lose a few, me I can lose them anywhere at anytime anyway but I did try and take it on board.

Started on st1 and went numerically though the layout, and typically first pair LOST, so much for me taking notice of the warning! Tidied up to take the next 6 for a 6/8, dropped 5 on stand 2 a duck overhead target and l to r quartering that I overhead all 4, 3/5.

Kept plodding through the rest of the,about, annoyingly kept dropping the odd single and usually a pair at each stand biggest crime was dropping 3 low driven. Couple of refs kindly offered that I really shouldn't be dropping targets on the last pair(s) having shot the stand so well at the start, they are of course correct and until I get some consistency C class it is.

Then had the good fortune to watch a group of 3 AA boys and a certain CC shoot / straight he last stand which galvanised me to do the same which left me on 67 I think, if it is I chuffed as not only is this the highest of 4 reg this time out it matches my PB which was on a very much easier shoot over 12 months ago so hopefully on a selfish personal note shows a upward curve on the standard at which I'm shooting.

Forgive my self back slapping rambling, when I have scores I will post them in the results section.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good PB Rich enjoyable shoot & still testing, lost a bounty today Saturday all day wedding and night do took its toll, me & clynt level now !!! Well shot though Clinto

Placings have been posted in the results section, and have had confirmed mine was a 67 so I'm chuffed, ta for the comments all.

Back