Kemen

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Les53

Anyone know why Kemen seem to have dropped off the radar? 
I believe they are still being made, some used ones on gun trader. At one time it seemed as though they were really catching on, I seem to remember a few well known names used them at one time. 
If I remember correctly, they were possibly the first Perazzi clone to hit the U.K. 

I think that no one is importing them now. According to Kelbrook they can be repaired if one needs it. I had one years ago, it was a decent enough gun......then the stock cracked in the grip 😬

I think that no one is importing them now. According to Kelbrook they can be repaired if one needs it. I had one years ago, it was a decent enough gun......then the stock cracked in the grip 😬
Well Mike, I do seem to remember hearing about stock’s cracking, but then it died out. Along with the import of the guns it seems . Gamba was another brand that seemed to vanish. I seem to remember a young Aaron Heading used a Gamba for many years, until Beretta made him an offer he couldn’t refuse I guess. 

Hi Les, I had a nice Gamba as well, there was just something about those guns, good triggers and excellent handling. Mine had Briley chokes fitted which made it more versatile.

That cracked at the grip too 😄

Happy days.

Kemen's popularity did seem to wane once Kelbrook stopped promoting them. 

A mate had one made via Mike and very nice it was too but the bluing did wear and brown after a few years use.

Anyone remember Avalon Guns promoting the Monza's at about the same time? Anyone who bought one certainly took a hit when it came to resale!

PM.

A mate had one made via Mike and very nice it was too but the bluing did wear and brown after a few years use.

Anyone remember Avalon Guns promoting the Monza's at about the same time? Anyone who bought one certainly took a hit when it came to resale!

PM.
I vaguely remember the name, but don’t think I ever saw one. 

I vaguely remember the name, but don’t think I ever saw one. 
A fairly generic black action Perazzi clone. I remember having one thrust in my hands at a gamefair many years ago. There was nothing that gun couldn't do according to the Avalon salesman!

Gamba really are a nice solid gun. Shame they aren't more popular in the uk.

PM.

A fairly generic black action Perazzi clone. I remember having one thrust in my hands at a gamefair many years ago. There was nothing that gun couldn't do according to the Avalon salesman!

Gamba really are a nice solid gun. Shame they aren't more popular in the uk.

PM.
It does seem as though the gun to copy is the Perazzi!  The latest look alike seems to be the Yildiz Pro. I’ve not seen one face to face, but in the reviews on you tube they look rather nice. 

PM.
Kelbrook were going to promote Monza's but the pound dipped so they changed their mind.

They used to have a shelf full of different stocks for Salvinelli guns.

It does seem as though the gun to copy is the Perazzi!  The latest look alike seems to be the Yildiz Pro. I’ve not seen one face to face, but in the reviews on you tube they look rather nice. 

The Yildiz look great value and have amazing wood for their price. Their longevity is yet to be tested though. On a personal note, I hate that sheriff's badge logo on the top lever. Looks like it belongs on a cap gun!

Kelbrook were going to promote Monza's but the pound dipped so they changed their mind.

They used to have a shelf full of different stocks for Salvinelli guns.
Was Mike's son in law not involved with them at some point?

PM.

The Yildiz look great value and have amazing wood for their price. Their longevity is yet to be tested though. On a personal note, I hate that sheriff's badge logo on the top lever. Looks like it belongs on a cap gun!

Was Mike's son in law not involved with them at some point?

PM.
Yes David was involved at the time.

I've shot a Yildiz Pro, there not bad really it all depends what your used too. The stock finish was a bit rough and the trigger was a bit creepy. It was a stout kicker for me though.😀

IIRC Sian's other half, Tony, shot a Kemen for a few years so she might chip in.

Kemen was created along with AYA when lots of small gun makers in Spain were amalgamated. The initial design work at Kemen was by Victor Arramberi who closed down a small company he'd started making Perazzi clones. Prior to then he'd been a designer at Perazzi but left after a falling out. I still have a 1976 Arramberi trap gun more or less identical to the Perazzi MT76 and which is running with Perazzi firing pins.

AYA acquired the Arramberi design and produced the MD2  and MD6. They continued making small batches under their own name until quite recently and there are several for sale on GT. If anyone wants a Perazzi clone for less than £2K their luck's in.

Arramberi...................... a blast from the past. I had a skeet version and loved it, oh when I think about all the guns I have enjoyed owning and then I think to myself...................... Why the hell did I sell that. 🤔  Oh yes I remember, the next gun will be so much better for me................. not 🤪

Arramberi...................... a blast from the past. I had a skeet version and loved it, oh when I think about all the guns I have enjoyed owning and then I think to myself...................... Why the hell did I sell that. 🤔  Oh yes I remember, the next gun will be so much better for me................. not 🤪
Aha, grail gun syndrome! It’s an affliction that most if not all of us have suffered from at some point. Some are never cured of it, in some people it lays dormant for years and suddenly it pops up again. 
I don’t believe there is any proven or known cure. 😂

I thought the Midland Gun Service started to stock the Kemen or did a couple of years ago when they made me a stock.

New member , just come across this conversation iv had four kemens over the last 30 years 1 silver 30 inch and 3 black action 32 inch tried all the rest perazzi. Kreighoff . Miroku which I have 3 of but the kemens are the best guns iv ever had would never give them up fantastic bit of kit . In the 30 years have had couple of springs break . no stock damage . No big problems they just handle so well . The big problem is there hard to find . I understand there’s someone importing them in Lincolnshire I think there call kemen uk . There advertising on Facebook

Anyone know why Kemen seem to have dropped off the radar?
I believe they are still being made, some used ones on gun trader. At one time it seemed as though they were really catching on, I seem to remember a few well known names used them at one time.
If I remember correctly, they were possibly the fir
New member , just come across this conversation iv had four kemens over the last 30 years 1 silver 30 inch and 3 black action 32 inch tried all the rest perazzi. Kreighoff . Miroku which I have 3 of but the kemens are the best guns iv ever had would never give them up fantastic bit of kit . In the 30 years have had couple of springs break . no stock damage . No big problems they just handle so well . The big problem is there hard to find . I understand there’s someone importing them in Lincolnshire I think there call kemen uk . There advertising on Facebook
Johnathon Magee is importing them I think. That’s what I’ve been told.

I think that no one is importing them now. According to Kelbrook they can be repaired if one needs it. I had one years ago, it was a decent enough gun......then the stock cracked in the grip 😬
Yes I have heard that they cracked as they was swapped about to much when you buy one it’s best to have it headed up so there are not tight spots I’m looking a a pair of 32” kemen on Friday a friend has for sale. Ones got 1620 gram barrels but I think they could be to heavy. Has anyone shot one with barrels that weight ?

Yes I have heard that they cracked as they was swapped about to much when you buy one it’s best to have it headed up so there are not tight spots I’m looking a a pair of 32” kemen on Friday a friend has for sale. Ones got 1620 gram barrels but I think they could be to heavy. Has anyone shot one with barrels that weight ?
Shoot a Perazzi MX8 with 32” barrels at 1650 and imo perfect!

Shoot a Perazzi MX8 with 32” barrels at 1650 and imo perfect!
Well that’s what my mate said apparently there the ones you need he said. He has three kemen a lux and two black action he’s selling both black action ones. Both mint. I can’t remember what my Perazzi was but it had short barrels of 29.5” but I think they was 1620 gram. Thank you for the info I’m trying to research as much as possible before buying. There such a good price I can’t say no 🤦‍♂️

Latest posts

Back