Just can’t be bothered...

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Variety is what keeps my enjoyment up…… Airguns: target shooting & pest control, Shotguns: clays & game/pest.

Being on a small DIY shoot always gives loads to do, Wednesday am out foxing a week later am felling trees, building bridges and styles and repairing feeders etc. With lots of little bits & pieces of bits to do I don’t get board of one thing. Am also on a loaders course next month.

Variety is what keeps my enjoyment up…… Airguns: target shooting & pest control, Shotguns: clays & game/pest.

Being on a small DIY shoot always gives loads to do, Wednesday am out foxing a week later am felling trees, building bridges and styles and repairing feeders etc. With lots of little bits & pieces of bits to do I don’t get board of one thing. Am also on a loaders course next month.
Similar to me but I just don’t have the enthusiasm, it feels like additional work rather than anything fun! Probably not helped by the weather or Manflu, but I just can’t get interested... same for fly fishing and golf at the moment also... maybe I’m just becoming a miserable git!

Last edited by a moderator:
Similar to me but I just don’t have the enthusiasm, it feels like additional work rather than anything fun! Probably not helped by the weather or Manflu, but I just can’t get interested... same for fly fishing and golf at the moment also... maybe I’m just becoming a miserable git!
Am definitely a miserable git on appearance but happy on the inside. I cant get my head around Golf, football, cricket, fishing. But shooting of any kind, ferreting, dog work and activities at the shoots I love.

Am definitely a miserable git on appearance but happy on the inside. I cant get my head around Golf, football, cricket, fishing. But shooting of any kind, ferreting, dog work and activities at the shoots I love.
I’m hoping it’s only a blip, worryingly I’m now quite enjoying DIY...

if your hobby becomes a chore then its time for change , I have many interests  my only problem is affording them !     Slovakian dancing girls aint cheap !    seriously  clay shooting  is a numbers game  and sometimes it kills the fun .            

Every year come late October or so I put the gun down for a bit and out come the rifles.  From then until late February I shoot far more rifle ammunition than shotgun cartridges, then clay season picks up again in March in earnest.

Haven’t used my rifles much lately, sounds like a good idea.. Trying to leave rabbits alone this spring as numbers are WAY down due to virus last couple of years but good numbers spotted already, time to give the foxes another hard time..

Haven’t used my rifles much lately, sounds like a good idea.. Trying to leave rabbits alone this spring as numbers are WAY down due to virus last couple of years but good numbers spotted already, time to give the foxes another hard time..
if you find yourself in Sussex and wanting an evening on the Rabbits give me a shout.  On Tuesday night we were out foxing with thermal and the rabbit population was unreal. 

I enjoy an evening out with the air rifle for rabbit and squirrel. I think mixing different types of shooting maintains the enjoyment. Today i joined a friend in a hide decoying pigeon, i wasnt shooting just learning the craft from my new friend and eze had a few retrieves.

I enjoy an evening out with the air rifle for rabbit and squirrel. I think mixing different types of shooting maintains the enjoyment. Today i joined a friend in a hide decoying pigeon, i wasnt shooting just learning the craft from my new friend and eze had a few retrieves.
So you spent all day with a man in a tent !

THIS: 

It’s not a matter of life or death , whatever anyone may tell you it’s just a hobby  :rolleyes: . .............it’s just a social thing without any registered targets , and a few pints and a pie afterwards is more fun than the shooting !  

Put the guns in the cupboard for a few months , they don’t eat anything .  You’ll probably enjoy it again after a break , if you don’t there is life after shooting ! 
Exactly this. (edited to suit my circumstances) 

Latest posts

Back