Jocker cartridges

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hear they are REALLY a cheap in sw France?!, £110 or so, bit of a drive to get some, but they are really cheap down there!!! £110 I think.

No. Wouldn't mind finding out . bingle search is a blank.

Last edited by a moderator:
I shot a going away clay yesterday and the shot managed to catch up with it and break it. So it must be faster than a clay. Don't know if that helps?

I don't think that they have any Bacheri & Pellagri components because they only produce their own components for themselves.

a cartridge called"joker" ......your avin a laugh

I shot 50 of the 28g loads and they didn't disappoint in any way, really good breaks like the 24g version and the recoil is very similar to the Eley Olympic Blues, shot these first and swapped when I ran out and didn't notice any difference which is a good way to assess recoil. 

I'm pretty sure these are true 7.5's but would be great if they did 8's at some point, again very good speed too like the 24g ones. 

Shot 120 of these today at local club . had some really good breaks. Seem nice and smooth. In particular one target broken very well and consistently was a battue at good range. 

Apparently the supply has dried up somewhat unless you know somewhere with stock.next delivery 6 weeks and set to go up in price. .....doh. :rolleyes:

Back to the evo's then... 

I have a feeling they originate from the Scottish Caledonian Cartridge Company, formerly known as the Jocker Strapp !

I've now shot a full round with these and convinced they're as good as stuff £40-£50 dearer and that's being conservative because I don't really have enough experience of the really expensive shells. 

The most noticeable trait seems to be a rapid velocity but they really don't kick much either. Having spoken to Greenfields regarding further supplies they tell me supplies in the country have now dried up so time will tell if new consignments don't creep up price wise.  :mellow:

Shot the 28g fibres over a round of sporting this morning... Very impressed! They coped convincingly with all targets within my ability. No confetti and having just cleaned the barrels it took no more effort than cleaning a plastic cartridge! 

I had a session with Carl Bloxham last week and put the new HPX DSR which is fixed choke at 1/4 and 1/2 (never changed the previous multis so why bother) up against the pattern plate.   My cart of choice is the Fblack in 24Grm, at 20yds the from either barrel the 95% of the pattern would be inside a 10" circle, super tight, too much so really as the margin for error is limited and yet at 50yds the pattern was hopeless.

I was sharing the session with my brother-in-law who was shooting the 24grm 7.5 Jockers in Plastic - both at 20 and 50yds and they pattern beautifully from the HPX, a very impressive cartridge and I think he paid £145/1000  - I'll be having those next for definite.

Eastern Sporting in Chelmsford currently have these on their price list and i was wondering if they would be worth a go, i'm new to shooting and don't need anything fancy...

Eastern Sporting in Chelmsford currently have these on their price list and i was wondering if they would be worth a go, i'm new to shooting and don't need anything fancy...
had some at our local shoot...do the job as well as anything else anywhere near the price

Back