Is " Just Cartriges " really worth it?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom Tristram

Hi, looking at some of the more modern ways of buying cartriges, "just cartriges" popped up as a popular alternative to going down to a gun club and buying some cartriges. The prices may be better in some cases, but the shipping costs are a lot of money and the ordering method takes a long time to fill in and allow for user error. Is it really worth the hassle or is it better to use more established methods of purchasing cartriges? 

Last edited by a moderator:
I quite like their published price lists. You can use it as a way of finding the right price for cartridges; by knocking about 5% off..

The whole problem with cartridges are that they are heavy. (As heavy as lead funnily enough). So unlike many things you can buy online, delivery is uneconomical. Most people shoot what they can collect locally. 

I dont know about you but recently I've seen a few of their own brand shell cases floating around some grounds in the east midlands, and I've been told they are very reasonably priced for their performance. Has anyone tried their own brand yet?

I am sure I used 24-9 white gold back a few years ago when shooting skeet. I then moved over to the CSP shells. Always been happy with them (shot a few thousand). Possibly a bit punchy in the shoulder when compared with something like a Hull Pro. For the performance they are on the money and are in both plastic and fibre. As far as I know Cartridges don't have a shelf life and Just Cartridges offer free delivery on 10k orders. Depending on how many you use this is probably a good option as it shields you a little from fluctuations in price. Give them a call and ask for exactly what you want and avoid the online order form and possible operator error.

I am fortunate that Just Cartridges is the closet place to me for buying shells so I don't have the worry. Why not make a day of it. Pick up some shells and then go and shoot a round somewhere? Oxfordshire Shooting School isn't too far away. Or for Skeet run up to Banbury.

I'm really lucky where i live because I've got Orston, cocketts farm and Notts GC within 25 min drive and all of them sell cartridges which is really convenient for me :)  

I quite like their published price lists. You can use it as a way of finding the right price for cartridges; by knocking about 5% off..

The whole problem with cartridges are that they are heavy. (As heavy as lead funnily enough). So unlike many things you can buy online, delivery is uneconomical. Most people shoot what they can collect locally. 
Sure we have touched on this before and I don't know how they do it but my supplier down here will deliver cartridges free of charge so long as you order more than 500 at the same time. The cartridges don't have to be the same make or loading either. So Order 500 , 5,000 or 25,000 the charges are the same  BUT the price of the cartridge but  is reduced by €12 per thousand or more.

£15 delivery per thousand here! E.g 3000 is £45.
That is totally the opposite of down here Will. There is a gunshop here that will sell RIO target load for €160 per thousand... that is a good price ... but they charge €27 del for the thousand so to be honest that puts them into a very similar price to my usual Clever T2 at €201 per thousand delivered. The thing is though they will deliver 10,000 for the same €27 which makes them a very serious cartridge because the math then works out at €163 ish per thousand on your doorstep... in real terms the more you buy the cheaper the are... but they will only discount €4 per thousand even for 10k. Still €163 per thousand  is a good price. JC are asking £162.50 or €216 plus del... sorry I just don't get that they should be much cheaper than that.

edit

I should have said  it does not matter how many you order the del charge is still only €27.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm really lucky where i live because I've got Orston, cocketts farm and Notts GC within 25 min drive and all of them sell cartridges which is really convenient for me :)  
Well surely  that's your answer,support your local ground.

PMG63

Latest posts

Back