Is count back fair?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chesterse

Just got my May copy of Pull magazine and noticed in the report of the GB section shoots at Hepworth Hall for FITASC Sporting and Compak that a lot of the placings were decided by CB = count back or BD = By default.

So is it fair that several shooters with the same score could finish up 2nd or 3rd or nowhere with not even a mention in Pull!

As I understand it count back is determined by who has straighted the most stands but one could say that they are less consistent as they would have scored lower on the other stands.

Reference BD = By default and bearing in mind that some competitions are held over 4/5 days and not everyone can shoot on the last day, is it fair to expect people to travel long distances for a shoot off for the minor placings?

Is there a better way?

Can't comment how FITASC or Sporting events are settled because I don't shoot it but I certainly do think shoot off's are the most effective means of determining results. Given that some may have shot in better weather than others it's the only means of ensuring fairness.

It's sometimes tough on those that can't make it but that's the risk of choosing to shoot earlier. Miss the shoot off and you'll miss out on the prize, it's your choice.

I don't know why they're using countback if it's a registered shoot as this is prohibited under CPSA rules which state that in the event of a tie any prizes must be awarded by the add and divide method.

If a shooter is not available to decide a team place then a shoot off should be arranged for another day.

This is always an issue where shoots are held over several days with some shooters travelling very long distances.

I don't know why they're using countback if it's a registered shoot as this is prohibited under CPSA rules which state that in the event of a tie any prizes must be awarded by the add and divide method.

If a shooter is not available to decide a team place then a shoot off should be arranged for another day.

This is always an issue where shoots are held over several days with some shooters travelling very long distances.
Think both FITASC (sporting) and Compak are run under FITASC rules not CPSA.

Mr Potter

hotshot cpsa rule/s state if you/r not there for the shoot off you fofit see booklet five

Latest posts

Back