A vote of thanks...

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ExSCA

ShootClay Admin
... to Growl & others

I know that there is already a thread with thanks for Growler - but I wanted to post something additional from ShootClay HQ (my PC).  I also know that I said some of this on Saturday - but maybe it can reach a wider audience here.

When I started ShootClay a few years ago, the sole aim of the site was to connect shooters with their sport and with each other. I believe in the power of the internet as a platform that connects people together. Along the way, I said that if I had 5000 page views a month, I'd be a happy bunny - the combined sites now get 270,000 page views a month and what started as a hobby has become a little bit more than that!

I dreamed that one day I might get to meet some of the people that read the site - and I remember smiling all the way round Wylye when the first few people met up for a registered there.   I remember phoning home from Weston Wood one day to tell Mrs R that someone had come up to me and said they liked the site.

So Saturdays event was really special - a member of the community taking it on themselves to organise a shoot and rally other members around a common cause.  That's what communities should do, more time invested in days like this would make the world a better place.

I want to give a massive vote of thanks to Growl for the effort he put into making the Growler happen - and to everyone that attended and supported remotely. In addition, I'd like to thank Phil Coley and the team at Ian Coley Shooting School for their time and generosity in making this a success - I'll be sending a letter to them as well.

It's even more gratifying to see that we raised £800 for Prostate Cancer UK - it is an appropriate charity for us to support, as it touches our community personally and has the potential to affect many of us. You only have to look at the photograph of Saturdays attendees to see that our average age means that we are the ones that need to be checked out.

Thank you all and especially Growl - for making an idle dream come true, and helping others doing what we love doing.

gallery_950_29_2511395.jpg

Thank you for this Matt, it's a great site and it does the great job of allowing shooters to get together - now in more ways than one.

sometimes we moan and sometimes we laugh, but with the contact that your site allows at least we can do it as a group.

glad I joined and more than glad you made it and keep it running.

The Growler was a sucess on a number of levels - here's to it growing and doing more for shooters and charity in the future, cheers to all, Graham.

Well said Matt.

I was very pleased to be a part of it and meet some friendly people from the forum.

ATB

James
I second that Jimbob , and I hope it keeps up the success its having as just reward for all your time and effort Matt to make this all happen well done :thumbsu:

Back