hibernate

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doctor Lecter

im thinking of packing esp in for winter , having a break  don't like the cold  or rain , anyone else ease off  in the winter months ?

for 27 yrs I shot all year regardless of weather but the last two years I made a decision not to shoot any reg over winter but I still train at ot on a sat. I now enjoy winter Sundays at home with Mrs ips and devil dog, cant say I miss winter shooting.

im thinking of packing esp in for winter , having a break  don't like the cold  or rain , anyone else ease off  in the winter months ?
Yes, no clay shooting done from October to March. The classification system makes no allowance for poor weather so competing in wind and rain is a fools game. I shoot precision rifle in a heated indoor range when it's cold. It's the only sensible choice.

Last edited by a moderator:
No way. I have to sit in an office all week long, and it takes the old iron horse an hour and a half each end of the day to commute. Guns get cleaned and skin gets dry.  I'm shooting.

I don't feel the cold when out claying but sometimes an early winters morn up in the high seat can be colder than a witches tit. 

No way. I have to sit in an office all week long, and it takes the old iron horse an hour and a half each end of the day to commute. Guns get cleaned and skin gets dry.  I'm shooting.

I don't feel the cold when out claying but sometimes an early winters morn up in the high seat can be colder than a witches tit. 
i just spat my coffee over the table in McDonalds reading that, I hope your happy! ;)

Southdown Fitasc, winter series, stand on top of the hill. Single digit temperature, wind and rain. The most uncomfortable I have ever been I think.

I shoot very little these days, even in the summer I only shoot two or three times a month. In winter I will only shoot on a nice crisp sunny winters day! I've done my share of shooting in bad weather.

Back