Gun weight for ABT

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

V8 90

I have my Blaser AT2 Supertrap set up with the max barrel weights for shooting DTL - now I have started shooting ABT I'm wondering if a lighter set up would be better. I've shot a couple of 23's so far - (only shot 5 x 100's & don't shoot any practice)

So over to the pro's for advice !!

Impossible to answer whatever feels right whatever suits your style but if you are shooting 23s already then there isn't much wrong with anything.

Thanks - was just wondering if a lighter set up would help - probably lots of practice instead of lots of thinking will be better

More a case of suck it and see, try lightening the front and see how it feels. It is simple enough to get it back should it not work as long as you do not do it with a hacksaw.

Thanks - was just wondering if a lighter set up would help - probably lots of practice instead of lots of thinking will be better
Exactly. Anyone shooting 23s at abt even occasionally needs to carry on doing what there doing with what they are using but refine there technique to avoid unforced errors. Make radical changes at this stage at your peril.

I'll leave it as is & keep at it - try get some practice in when time permits too !!

Latest posts

Back