Ground membership fiasco!

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brook Bank

Brook Bank was proud to announce it had Premier Status (for many years), recognised by the CPSA - no doubt the CPSA were pleased to receive the additional £65 membership fee!

Enough is enough! - we've downgraded to Registered membership - but there will be no changes at Brook Bank  :bb:

Why don't the CPSA do away completely with the various membership types - only offer Affiliated or Registered?

Why have you downgraded?   Is there an issue with the way they handled your premier status? 

Sounds like they don't like the idea of being charged for the privelage.

In the current climate when grounds are closing all over the country we should really all be supporting the ones we have and that includes the cpsa by not putting any further financial or administration burden upon them.

I would have thought that £65 pa was extremely good value as a fee for a 'CPSA Premier' badge, in terms of marketing. Especially to newer shooters looking for a 'proper place to start out'..

Your probably right and obviously we will have to wait for brook bank to respond, but imo cpsa should be keeping as many grounds happy as possible in the current climate.

I agree with Will here - which is why I asked the question, am interested to see if there was something missing from the Premier Status that Brook Bank thinks they should get.  Purely an exercise in me understanding the business. 

Don't "premier status" grounds get first bite of hosting the large championships?.

Phil*

:fie:  I bet that I know why Brook Bank has downgraded!  Its all about politics and the CPSA!

As many know there are alleged problems with S.C. and there is talk of it closing soon? both S,C, and Brook Bank are Trap & skeet

grounds both premier grounds but! S.C. gets all the big money C/ships and Brook Bank gets the crumbs that no one else wants!

I have known Wesley Hann since he was 10 years old, He started as a trapper on Winchester white flyers and proceeded from there. Wes took over Cheddar Valley G.C. when his father Ashley Hann gave up 25 years or more ago.

Wesley is a straight guy, says what he thinks, calls a spade a spade and does'nt suffer fools gladly whether they are shooters or CPSA "officers". 

Wes knows the business inside out and his traps and equipment are 100%, If things don't change the S/west will loose 2 trap and skeet grounds  soon what are the trap/skeet shooters going to do then? :fie:  

They have the English open abt this year i for one am looking fwd to that as not shot there since 98 a very memorable English open when peel shot 200 straight :)

I think Wesley may be protesting that you get nothing or very little for being Premier Ground status off the CPSA?

Spose its like b and b star rating its only any use to you if you consider you will benefit from it. Lets wait and see what brook banks reply is on the matter.

Sorry our reply is late - been busy with practice this afternoon  :nyam:

Registered membership is £155 & Premier is £220 - it's not the money! There is also an Affiliated & Premier Plus membership.

Many years ago we improved our facilities (invested in the ground!) to reach the Premier 'standard' so we could host major championships. Over the years we have noticed that new grounds can 'pop-up', often with poor facilities, operating/opening only 2 or 3 days a month - granted premier status in order to host a major championship.

The CPSA have been fine and they understand that there's no point in us paying the additional fee. Maybe one day, the system will be sorted - but that might mean that several grounds will be forced to downgrade, which will be very sad. 

Yeah is not what you know in this game its more who you know? Its a sad old world! :fie:  .

It sounds like the CPSA either do not have any proper or consistent evaluation criteria for the ground status process, or they are not adhering to it.  

I can only comment on the sporting side of things but the fact was a few years ago that the premier grounds could be the only ones to host major events but genrally they couldn't get folks to attend these majors at these grounds , so Cpsa took the view to open a tender process up to any registered ground which has paid dividends to get shooters back to the major sporting events

For DTL, ESK, ABT and AR, it is done on a rota, if you have the required facilities you go on the rota and get the championship when it is your turn. Some shoots take longer to get due to the number of grounds on the rota.

Maybe the championship rota system works, that is unless a CPSA director is a ground manager!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back