Game shot with semi auto

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know exactly what you mean john, and your quite correct re safety BUT an auto on a formal day is just not cricket old boy same as cammo or maroon anything ? or sandals. One has to retain a semblance of decorum ?

it ain't chavball, ?

having a bad day john ?

nail on the head holianl. There is a lot behind the scenes (as john knows). As far as etiquette is concerned I LOVE IT and it should continue because it is English tradition at its finest. I love getting up early morning for a formal driven day, put all me finery on for a days loading, tweed, tie, waistcoat with pocket watch, breeks and socks with garters. Then again I also love putting me beaters gear on and getting poked in the eye with branches and getting full of cack. Tradition and etiquette. Ps - I wouldn't load for anyone with an auto ?

View attachment 6257
Snob!

He does look like something out of Victorian literature though. Perhaps Mellors the gamekeeper,perhaps Hattie Jaques could play Lady Chatterely?

ha, bollox ?

tis tradition and etiquette old boy. Sir wouldn't want a scruff bag loading his gun, ?

A lot of toffee nosed snobbery IMO. Do sporting shots really think a game bird of any description cares in any way what type of shotgun is used to kill it? A semi loaded with two cartridges, which is what is legally allowed, will shoot game no differently than any other shotgun of any format... the only thing that is different is it does not fit in with some BS notion that game shooters have of themselves and their sporting grandiose values... F'n laughable you stand at the bottom of this hill and we will drive birds over the top of you at stupid heights you bang away and see if you can hit any. Whereas they guy pictured above man and dog together is wrong again F'n laughable. You guys that go out on organised pheasant, Partridge and Grouse blitzing days should really have a look at what you are doing not the gun you are using to do it! Of course if shooting 25 - 50 birds a day fits in with your definition of sporting the bash on... mind you that's fine you are using a pair of fine sporting English side locks to do it. .. together with your loader... again F'n laughable.
Fish with those? 

Back