Full choke

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wonko. We have all been there where the brain think the output is absolutely correct. 

i think the furthest 2 shot in OT is actually the ones that are closest to 0 degrees. (And then either the flat ones or the ones that rises ridiculously Are the hardest, as they have the highest speed) I take it you are familiar with how the 15 machines are set up yes.?

Some of the fastest targets are 120 KPH or 75 MPH  so if second shot is taken 7/10 th of a second after pull(and that’s a ridiculously fast shooter, more realistic would be 9/10 of a second). Without deceleration it would travel 25,7 yards or 23,3 meters for the 7/10 of second 2nd barrel  and the numbers for the 9/10 is 32,7 yards or 29,7 Meters.. and to that you have to ad the 16,4 yards or 15 meters head start. 
Of course those numbers above is not taking in to consideration decelerations and the actual distance with the hypotenuse.

i don’t look at patterns either, I shoot the cheapest steel ammo I can’t get my hands on, and that’s not what are holding my scores back... because a lot in my club do the same, and they often score 25.

Lars

At lonato they have a timer on some layouts,,i have hit targets at .52 of a second and seen realy slow shots up to .80 first shot.I have also shot max angle targets on the drop second shot,how far away that is i dont know but edge on it looks far away.

Wonder if the new Garmin gizmo could be used for OT. That would give the times and distance. However I’m not smart enough to utilize that data in my shooting😂

Lars

Last edited by a moderator:
Ill bet the italians have all that info for OT,they are anal with stats on how to hit a orange disc flying across a field😂.

For lars,i got my freind to look at his renato lamera book and it says first shot 32/35 mtr and second 46/48 from the peg so your maths adds up with the italians👍

Last edited by a moderator:
Ill bet the italians have all that info for OT,they are anal with stats on how to hit a orange disc flying across a field😂.
HAHAHA!  They're that way with EVERY sport!  You wouldn't believe the volumes of material about fitting, setting up, and riding a bicycle complete with a detailed analysis of the rider's anatomy down to skeletal proportions.  I've seen scraps of similar instruction in reference to gun fitting but never able to locate the original material.

AFA the target distances go the OT targets are set for height and distance and then for angle so the hard angle low targets are just as fast as a 0deg low target.  I suggested the low targets as the most distant 2nd bbl since they take greater gun movement to reach and consequently have more time to fly farther.  The high hard angle targets would require even more movement to reach but it may be difficult to assess the speed/time trade off relative to the low hard angles (or more realistically, who GAF?).  Of course in real life situations that reaction time differential could easily be too small to matter.  I mean, these days those targets beat me like a baby seal so my subjective experience is worthless.

Latest posts

Back