Fourcounties 19th Sunday

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lee Roberts

A lovely dry day and a very good turn out for FC today, I started ok then I shot like a donkey :eek:
The Simo duck didn't look to nasty until it was my turn to stand in cage and shout pull....
I'm very happy with a 8 on pool shoot...
Very enjoyable course, a little to much on edge stuff for my personal liking, but then I missed the full face clays as
I lost my wheels after the first 5 stands.....
I ended on 63 ... I first thought shocking but then after speaking to a few shooters its an ok score, just need to keep at it...
Thank you to Sue and Brian & team, hope Brian is home now enjoying the rest of his Birthday ....

Lee

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I started well , lost it a bit , got back on it for a 74 but should of had an 8 on the front really .

Think I need another eye test as them edge on pencils are getting harder for my eyes to pick up quick enough !

Nice to see you out today Lee

I started well , lost it a bit , got back on it for a 74 but should of had an 8 on the front really .
Think I need another eye test as them edge on pencils are getting harder for my eyes to pick up quick enough !
Nice to see you out today Lee
Good to catch up Rob well shot, I'm in for a penny in for a £1 always love my shooting good or bad, I just love pulling that trigger some weeks good.... It's all part of the sport.... :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A lovely dry day and a very good turn out for FC today, I started ok then I shot like a donkey :eek: The Simo duck didn't look to nasty until it was my turn to stand in cage and shout pull.... I'm very happy with a 8 on pool shoot... Very enjoyable course, a little to much on edge stuff for my personal liking, but then I missed the full face clays as I lost my wheels after the first 5 stands..... I ended on 63 ... I first thought shocking but then after speaking to a few shooters its an ok score, just need to keep at it... Thank you to Sue and Brian & team, hope Brian is home now enjoying the rest of his Birthday .... Lee Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Think i left my wheels at Weston wood cos they certainly weren't on when i started here today, and couldn't find them to put them back on :fie:

Had a great afternoon here today! Had to shoot the stands in numerical order as we arrived after 12, Started off well had a mid shoot crisis and with three stands to go only 52 on the card! Finished the last three strongly with 26 ex 28 for 78 and equal second in B! Pleased with that!

I had a nightmare at the start on stand one which knocked my confidence for the rest of the round. It was the l-r and r-l quartering - dropping standards. First of all I really struggled to see the targets against the back ground (did any one else have this issue?) and secondly couldn't hit them to save my life, managed a 1/10.

I think I was over leading them and above both but really wasn't sure as I struggled to focus on the clay.

Would appreciate people's thoughts on roughly how much lead they both needed, i use pull away on most targets and know everyone sees lead differentley but would be good to have a rough idea on what i was doing wrong for next time.

My averages across the stands seem reasonably high but there's always two stands that ruin my score and there usually the easier stands.

I like Four Counties and will return again soon. I have never put a great score in there and it is on my to do list!

Again, with this shoot though, I hear more talk of edge on clays being prevalent. Personally I think one of the reason Steve Lovatts target setting is so liked is because he does not overdo the edge-on thing. A nice face-on clay is much nicer to see. And if you want to make it hard.. No problem... Shove it out to 60 yards or curl it deceptively round a tree..

I had a nightmare at the start on stand one which knocked my confidence for the rest of the round. It was the l-r and r-l quartering - dropping standards. First of all I really struggled to see the targets against the back ground (did any one else have this issue?) and secondly couldn't hit them to save my life, managed a 1/10. I think I was over leading them and above both but really wasn't sure as I struggled to focus on the clay.

Would appreciate people's thoughts on roughly how much lead they both needed, i use pull away on most targets and know everyone sees lead differentley but would be good to have a rough idea on what i was doing wrong for next time.

My averages across the stands seem reasonably high but there's always two stands that ruin my score and there usually the easier stands.[/quote

I straighted stand one.. I had a group in front of me who also struggled on that stand and from what I could see they were shooting straight at the targets which resulted in a miss over the top . They way I shot them was to see a bit of a gap underneath them . I shoot every thing gun down using 3/8 & 5/8 chokes

Thanks Robo. So you saw a gap underneath, did you see much lead in front or just try to take the nose off while keeping underneath?

Nope ..I just treated them as a going away targets ..just saw a gap between the muzzle and target if I remember correctly

Thanks Robo. So you saw a gap underneath, did you see much lead in front or just try to take the nose off while keeping underneath?
Hi Ollie,

I wasn't there.. But it's very rare to see lead on a quartering target. Just moving with it is almost always sufficient. A generalisation of course..

Many thanks. It was very close in and not very quick in my opinion so I expect I was way out in front.

i could put you a quartering target that needs lead on it william !!!!!
Just like the stand at Garlands Sunday...1/4ing blaze away,O/R the overhead bird. Reckon I saw 4ft on that 1/4ing bird!
Edit: I realise it had a slight curl on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
did you feel you moved the gun a bit, these type of targets need very little movement, more about where your gun hold should be!!!
I shot it Sunday ..GUN WELL OUT , UNDER THE TARGET LINE , COME UP TO THE LINE, MOVING GUN, COVER TARGET BOOOOSH LITTLE LEAD ...

Yes felt like the gun started moving very quick once I saw the clay as i didnt think i had much time to shoot it. I shoot gun down on everything and that makes my hold point further out which usually gives me a small smooth gun movement but for some reason I shot stand one and two (teal) with the gun up and dropped 14 targets before I'd even started.

Only started shooting in October so still learning to read the targets and find a technique that works best.

Yes felt like the gun started moving very quick once I saw the clay as i didnt think i had much time to shoot it. I shoot gun down on everything and that makes my hold point further out which usually gives me a small smooth gun movement but for some reason I shot stand one and two (teal) with the gun up and dropped 14 targets before I'd even started.

Only started shooting in October so still learning to read the targets and find a technique that works best.
. Good man that's what this game is all about!!! Learn from your mistakes.

Latest posts

Back