Finally!! Home visit arranged for next week.

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K3vvk

Finally have my home visit arranged for next week.

This has probably been asked a hundred times.

What should I expect during the visit? Anyone had their interview in central scotland?

Kev

Finally have my home visit arranged for next week.

This has probably been asked a hundred times.

What should I expect during the visit? Anyone had their interview in central scotland?

Kev
How exciting.  The obvious is to be honest with him/her obviously.  I can only speak from my own experience and am trying to remember my first ever visit: she sat and had a general chat with me, asked me why I wanted a licence what I intended to shoot.  Checked my cabinet which was already in place as my  husband already had a licence and had two cabinets installed.  Asked me if I had done any shooting at all which I had in as much as I had a go for my birthday and had safety lesson.  All in all about 40 minutes.  My second visit which was during the summer for the renewal:  sat and chatted to me, asked me where I shot, what I shot, asked to see cabinet, asked me to open it, take out all my guns and he noted their numbers.  I presume it will be different all over the UK as is normal it seems with licensing.

How exciting.  The obvious is to be honest with him/her obviously.  I can only speak from my own experience and am trying to remember my first ever visit: she sat and had a general chat with me, asked me why I wanted a licence what I intended to shoot.  Checked my cabinet which was already in place as my  husband already had a licence and had two cabinets installed.  Asked me if I had done any shooting at all which I had in as much as I had a go for my birthday and had safety lesson.  All in all about 40 minutes.  My second visit which was during the summer for the renewal:  sat and chatted to me, asked me where I shot, what I shot, asked to see cabinet, asked me to open it, take out all my guns and he noted their numbers.  I presume it will be different all over the UK as is normal it seems with licensing.
Thank you Sian. Have been taking plenty of lessons since applying for my certificate. Just a bit daunting nevertheless.

Thank you Sian. Have been taking plenty of lessons since applying for my certificate. Just a bit daunting nevertheless.
I understand it feels so like a test but it’s all common sense really.  Don’t want to treat you like a child but remember if you have a cabinet in place ready don’t show the person where keys are and remember only you must know.  Remember the rules about safety as I recall being asked a few on the very first visit.  It will be fine.

from  my experience this is an exam and they were looking for any excuse to not re issue. in my case it was a health issue which took me 2 months to get sorted and £60 on top of my fees be careful study all your answers before giving then and very good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
The first time was a bit nerve wracking but be honest especially of ANY convictions EVER.

When i renewed earlier this year she asked me about depression...i told her i didn't believe in it life is sh*t sometimes and you just have to get on with it...good answer was the reply ;)

I was the same .

Nothing to worry about .. make sure you have tea and coffee . Offer it to him/her .. don’t say you want you gun for robbery’s . .

job done .

My visit took all of 15 mins 

they just want to make sure your not a crazy . 

Have you a gun safe already fitted ?? 

Had my interview yesterday morning. Everything went smooth and nice. The visiting officer was a very polite person. We had a coffee as i would with any guest and talked about safety and my previous experience with guns. He checked my safe and looked like he really liked the fact that i have CCTV in the house although it is not a requirement. The whole process took 20 -30 minutes and to be honest, none of the questions seemed to me unreasonable. In contrast, it is good to have some sort of control on who can get a firearm. I just wish that the whole process was faster... a lot faster...

Latest posts

Back