Epiphany

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vulkan18th

Now then,

just returned from a 100 sporting competition and I've been shooting various different cartridges over the last few weeks/months and despite everything I've read and been advised that cartridges don't make a great deal of difference to breaking clays I've been chopping and changing brand/type.

So far I've shot Eley 1st select, cheap and does the job.

Express Power Blue, decently cheap and does the job.

Gamebore White Golds, more expensive, nice cartridge and does the job.

I genuinely can't tell the difference in speeds if there are any. As long as I'm shooting in the right place they all do the same. I think I'm just going to buy the cheapest cartridge that's readily available locally from now on which looks to be Express Power Blue plastic at £165/thousand 

jan

I think he's point is that you may as well buy the cheapest cartridges available as there is in his opinion no difference between them.

over to you :)

Well just to add some kindling to this particular fire I shot Fiocchi F Blacks, Official Trap and Golden Trap at the weekend ..... and scored 22 on 4 out of 5 rounds. Just saying :)

That said the GT are soooooo smooth.......but are equally sooooooo expensive!

DT

Well just to add some kindling to this particular fire I shot Fiocchi F Blacks, Official Trap and Golden Trap at the weekend ..... and scored 22 on 4 out of 5 rounds. Just saying :)

That said the GT are soooooo smooth.......but are equally sooooooo expensive!

DT
The GT's are very nice Greg, yes they cost a bit though, I tried them when I had a DT11, but at that time I stuck with RC4 Reds, which cost even more than GT's!  How much did you pay for the GT's Greg?

I have been using any old thing at esp and skeet, even 21g jobs but I am so rubbish I cant tell any difference BUT I can tell a difference between cartridges at trap.

I am now of the opinion that because of the repetition of trap and the same or similar target presentation it is more noticeable when you shoot cartridges that don't suit you whereas esp unless your very very good its difficult to judge anything re cartridge speed etc.

the above is just my opinion based on 30 yrs of reasonably good trap and five minutes of very awful esp and skeet.

Why do shooters talk about cartridges so much what ever you use you are on it and brakes if not it fly's on, what's it all about

The GT's are very nice Greg, yes they cost a bit though, I tried them when I had a DT11, but at that time I stuck with RC4 Reds, which cost even more than GT's!  How much did you pay for the GT's Greg?
£218/1000 for Golden, £208 for OfficialS, £185 for F Blacks so Golden are £33/ thou (15%) more than our regular cartridge. Tend to use a better cartridge for major comps but as there are only a handful a year it doesn't cost a great deal more on the years budget. 

Golden worth every penny in pose value alone :)  and the breaks are stupendous. I had decided to shoot the bits during the last round but to be honest there were very few bits to shoot at so came away with a nearly full pocket. 

It never ceases to amaze me just how many shooters shoot two at everything even if it's a ball of smoke after the first. Must have money to burn or a very good sponsor, cartridge deal or rich dad! 

DT

£218/1000 for Golden, £208 for OfficialS, £185 for F Blacks so Golden are £33/ thou (15%) more than our regular cartridge. Tend to use a better cartridge for major comps but as there are only a handful a year it doesn't cost a great deal more on the years budget. 

Golden worth every penny in pose value alone :)  and the breaks are stupendous. I had decided to shoot the bits during the last round but to be honest there were very few bits to shoot at so came away with a nearly full pocket. 

It never ceases to amaze me just how many shooters shoot two at everything even if it's a ball of smoke after the first. Must have money to burn or a very good sponsor, cartridge deal or rich dad! 

DT
Well the GT's are still way cheaper than RC4 Red shot! I may have another bash with GT's, wont make any difference to my scores,! For the amount I shoot these days £33 per thou won't be too much, I only really shoot from April to October and only in nice weather too!  :lol:

Why do shooters talk about cartridges so much what ever you use you are on it and brakes if not it fly's on, what's it all about
Or even breaks!

jan

I think he's point is that you may as well buy the cheapest cartridges available as there is in his opinion no difference between them.

over to you :)
Yeah, I get that. I'm just curious as to why you'd post a statement.

Now then,

just returned from a 100 sporting competition and I've been shooting various different cartridges over the last few weeks/months and despite everything I've read and been advised that cartridges don't make a great deal of difference to breaking clays I've been chopping and changing brand/type.

So far I've shot Eley 1st select, cheap and does the job.

Express Power Blue, decently cheap and does the job.

Gamebore White Golds, more expensive, nice cartridge and does the job.

I genuinely can't tell the difference in speeds if there are any. As long as I'm shooting in the right place they all do the same. I think I'm just going to buy the cheapest cartridge that's readily available locally from now on which looks to be Express Power Blue plastic at £165/thousand 
They are a good cartridge! Shot the Power Blue & Power Red for 2 years with good results.

Perhaps I'm missing something here? What's your point?
render_definition.php

Latest posts

Back