Empty shell cases ?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Santa2512

Quick Q regarding the above,

My youngest (11)  want to give a talk at school about clay pigeon shooting

To aid him in his presentation he plans to tale some props 

We've had the  shotgun talk,  so he knows thats a no brainer 

So his plan is some large cutaways of a shell, & some differing clays

He also wants to take some spent shell cases to show the different bores sizes & styles available

As far as i can see spent cases are ok, but i wanted to double check just in case

If they are OK,  are there any general precations  he should take, or ar they just lumps of plastic & brass

Mart

Spent shells are less dangerous than a pencil, even if swallowed.

yes that will be fine there is nothing of any significance left behind after the shell has been shot.

all the best to your son and hope he gains some followers

Suggest fixing the to a board like a cartridge display case, you could also put some shot and wads on the board, and some clays along with ear defenders and safety glasses (suggest cheap ones that cab be passed around the class a letter to the teacher listing the props and reassuring that they are all spent and inert should allay any fears

What school is it Santa and where is it located (town)?

Edit.. forgot to ask what date?

Last edited:
There are some good illustrations in the CPSA handbook....you might be able to do a bit of 'cut and paste' ing?

Don't forget to take things like skeet vest, ear plugs and glasses etc...just to illustrate the safety aspects?

Don't forget to take things like skeet vest, ear plugs and glasses etc...just to illustrate the safety aspects?
and also a list of commonly used excuses for missing, this is very important.

Do not forget to take a couple of clays too, if possible a standard, midi, rabbit etc. Just make sure you have removed all of their feathers first !

Do not forget to take a couple of clays too, if possible a standard, midi, rabbit etc. Just make sure you have removed all of their feathers first !
Got most of those ,  didnt manage to snag a rabbit,  i tend to dust those .

Mart

Great idea, let us know how he gets on...

Ps I am imagining all his school friends will be clamouring for a trip to have a go....then you can take them to OLSS to meet a gold medallist!!

Great idea, let us know how he gets on...

Ps I am imagining all his school friends will be clamouring for a trip to have a go....then you can take them to OLSS to meet a gold medallist!!
Indeed,  He was pushing to do it as a group session for his birthday,  but as his birthday was in december,  weather & available date play havoc, 

I might see if i can get some of his friends & parents  ;)   to have a go in the summer  

Mart

I have to rely on Myxomatosis ! My 11 year old Grandson told his teacher that he had been clay pigeon shooting with his Grandad, to which she replied "And what did he do with all of the birds". Rest assured that she has been well and truly 'educated' !

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to rely on Myxomatosis ! My 11 year old Grandson told his teacher that he had been clay pigeon shooting with his Grandad, to which she replied "And what did he do with all of the birds". Rest assured that she has been well and truly 'educated' !
Brilliant!

This is absolutely brilliant, do a class presentation, create some interest  and then get the Parent / Teachers committee to try clayshooting along with the pupils.

This is absolutely brilliant, do a class presentation, create some interest  and then get the Parent / Teachers committee to try clayshooting along with the pupils.
Exactly what Perazzi and other Italian set ups do and the reason why i posted this.... '&do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

Latest posts

Back