DryFire

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oddjob

In my drive to make better shots of all of those in my school shooting club, I am interesting in the DryFire system that simulates clay shooting indoors. Being a comprehensive school, we do not have any funding and the students are not loaded individuals. This means that training can only take place once a month and any equipment needs to be funded by other means. With limited training capacity, I am trying to think outside of the box for cheaper, or more efficient training methods. Having something that we could use weekly indoors at no cost (bar initial investment) could bring on the shooters.

I was wondering if anyone had used it, and if so, what your thoughts were? Does it really help shooting, or is a gimmick that only allows limited progression? I wonder how it represents the distance of the clay from the shooter. Any feedback would be great.

As a reasonably experienced shot, I approached them at a trade stand last year, as I was inquisitive about it. I have to say I couldnt see the remotest point in it for me.

The guy explaining it couldnt give me any confidence inspiring advice on it. It didnt show leeeed and all the flight lines were dead straight (they never are on real clays and that is a big element to appreciate and learn). The `big argument` for it was to help you mount the gun on to the target with correct point of aim. I think and he gave me a lecture about how we all get that wrong all the time. So I threw the gun up and shot the little circle in the middle about ten times straight and walked away (politely).

So, with my limited experience of it; I would say its a chocolate teapot as a training device for experienced shots. (Tin hat on).

I suggest you contact them and see if they can assist with a demo. It may be a decent tool for real newbie learning.

CSC3

I'd be interested in some opinions on this because I have got access to dryfire, but have never bothered having a go at it. I thought it was capable of "throwing" all targets, not just DTL or crossers. I also thought that it did show lead.

its probably of some use for trap disciplines but IMHO the issue will be 1) gun set up and 2) timing.

1) you need to know exactly what % your gun shoots high/low if this is incorrect you will effectively be messing with real world timing...

2) as above and also if the simulated clay speeds are not the same as real world then it will mess with your timing. you could end up training in a muscle memory error.

Latest posts

Back