Competition entries

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nicola my dear , do you not think I have enough on this year without blowing smoke anywhere ????

But not only are comps busy the practice grounds are busy with claymates , back log on cartridges , clay lorries busier than the last few years , champs getting booked well in advance , the futures bright ???

Nicola my dear , do you not think I have enough on this year without blowing smoke anywhere ????

But not only are comps busy the practice grounds are busy with claymates , back log on cartridges , clay lorries busier than the last few years , champs getting booked well in advance , the futures bright ???
Of course. I know the future is bright.....but that is nothing to do with the Cpsa.....it is to do with the good grounds like RBSS, Owls Lodge , Churchills, Weston and others of yours etc etc.....who all think of interesting ways to keep the competition shooter entertained.......plus the hard work done by grounds that introduce new shooters to the game in big numbers, like RBSS, Churchills, West Kent, Oxford Gun Co.etc etc......bigger pushes on schools challenges and universities......county and regional committee hard workers........and finally websites like Shootclay and Smashing Clays or great organising groups like Chelsea bun club, Barbury, Really Wild Girls, Claire Zambuni shoot and shops.......etc etc etc

Nothing at all to do with Cpsa.......shooting has been promoting itself.

Or maybe you can give evidence of what you called Cpsa's great marketing campaign......?

Good god have you just read all the shooting mags ,,,,

Do you think interest in comps would still be the same if reg shoots didn't exist ??? Ermmmmm

Not so sure nowadays , the class system seems to have taken over , and yes that still means you Nicola darling , even if its a clas of its own !!!!!

The future is bright , it's pink clays !!haha

I don't know what you have been drinking Steve ....but I will have two...!!

P.s. Registered shoots never affect serious competitions.....they are just a kick about 'for' serious competitions.

Serious shooters go for titles .....we have had all this before Steve.

The nice Sunday pinger does the registereds and then they all chat nicely together on here afterwards.

Offer a choice between shooting a title event or shooting a registered.....and you know what.....the serious bods will go for a title.

Bets on for George doing the Compak or the World Sporting......?

My bet is the World Sporting.....just saying..!

We have got to remember this game we play is a leisure pass time come hobby for 90 percent of people so they need to enjoy it

All the titles in the world don't really mean a fat lot with whichever organisation you shoot with , in the whole scheme of things it is a very small percentage that make a living out of shooting and those that are lucky to do so , of which I am one would deffienitely no do so without the 90 percent of leisure shooters

Remember you can travel the whole world shooting for titles and silver ware but chances are when it's over people will look forward to the next Sunday out shooting , I see more than most and this is a true statement , so the majority can come to me sit around all they want and drink as much tea as they want

Steve

P.s. Registered shoots never affect serious competitions.....they are just a kick about 'for' serious competitions.

The nice Sunday pinger does the registereds and then they all chat nicely together on here afterwards.

Offer a choice between shooting a title event or shooting a registered.....and you know what.....the serious bods will go for a title.
I think you must live in a fantasy world inhabited by strange beings who only shoot for money and nothing else.

In the world the rest of us are in, 'title shoots' are a novelty, a treat, a change, to be enjoyed through the summer months and talked about for the rest of the year. To use your terms for registered shoots implies an elitist attitude which is fairly unpleasant and not helpful at all. Clay shooting is doing well and the organisations behind it need our support and not the constant harping from a small number of people who should know better.

This is not 'just a thought' - it is my opinion and I expect it will be the opinion of a few more.

Oh phoooie ....you two ground owners blow smoke up everyone's ass here if you must....you want the business......but you obviously do not listen to 'all' the people who shoot :laugh:

You are welcome to your opinion and I hope it is profitable for you :laugh:

Just like I can have my opinion .....preferably without you getting all rude and emotional....talking about elite this and elite that.

I did say quite clearly 'serious shooters' in whatever discipline.....go for titles. After you have been through the county, region, England and GB......titles is what the serious ones go for.

And that is why you do not see these people on the GB teams.........

I did not mention money.....but it is about time some serious money was involved instead of the £100 HG which has been £100 for a hundred years.

Now can I be arsed to look for my tin hat..........

Nope :laugh:

Cpsa did a lot more last year to help promote youngshots programmes, also they set up the clubman leagues, all good initiatives to help grow interest at all levels.

People do not become "serious" shooters without progressing up through the ranks and that means shooting registered competitions until they become sponsored and can utilise all the coaching and mental training available once they have been identified for potential stardom and thus keep out of the limelight until the title comps come around!

By which time they are effectively "professional full time shooters"

nicola i really thought you knew me better than that , i am 46 years old i have worked on farms all my life until 2004 , and for some very well off people and one thing i can tell you is i do not blow smoke in faces , ears , eyes or arses what you see is what you get !!!!!!!!! 

nothing personal just saying ......

nicola i really thought you knew me better than that , i am 46 years old i have worked on farms all my life until 2004 , and for some very well off people and one thing i can tell you is i do not blow smoke in faces , ears , eyes or arses what you see is what you get !!!!!!!!! 

nothing personal just saying ......
Hahahahahahahahahahahaha

People do not become "serious" shooters without progressing up through the ranks and that means shooting registered competitions until they become sponsored and can utilise all the coaching and mental training available once they have been identified for potential stardom and thus keep out of the limelight until the title comps come around!

By which time they are effectively "professional full time shooters"
Talking sh*te again Bobby....

No one identifies people for stardom.....!!

People go out and just shoot....

And.....

The good ones win titles.......

Like George and Cheryl and several others.....and they do it alone......just saying.

Right lads......argue amongst yourselves now....I am busy.......toddle pip.

I will check back later if I have signal for Internet

Kiss Kiss.....

(And try and get those knots out of your undies......must be real uncomfortable :laugh: )

nicola stardom was mentioned in a post from robert , dont think we talk to you all the time ,hahahah
God I wish not....but it was directly under the one you addressed to me..... :laugh:

Last edited:
" i am 46 years old i have worked on farms all my life until 2004"

Bloody Hell I didn't think Farming aged people that much? I would have guessed at 64 maybe a little bit more.

You must have had your daughter Allison quite early in life then Steve?

Bets on for George doing the Compak or the World Sporting......?

My bet is the World Sporting.....just saying..!
Hi all - just to add my two penneth worth to the debate, deep breath and here goes:- I have been shooting for many years now and have to disagree with Nicola here, registered shoots do have an effect on serious shooters. I have been a serious shooter for many years and have always competed to the best of my ability. I do my utmost to travel to as many different grounds as possible to gain the experience in target and back ground variation.

In most cases .....just guessing  I would assume the more serious shooter that Nicola refers to will chase the titles and shoot where their sponsor's request them and pay them to shoot. All gun manufacturers that sponsors the elite (George included) will want the prestige of the win as its good for marketing and future sales. 

Many years ago I recall watching George Digweed pulverising clays of the high tower at Roundwood during the Beretta world's, to be honest  I was in awe, when my time came to shoot this I commented to the trapper about George, to which he replied he must have shot a 1000 clays off the tower a few days before the comp started as the same stand cost him the year before. The point here being, regardless whether we shoot the regular registered shoots or mid week practice we all go through our shooting apprenticeship.

Steve just to blow smoke up your area - I have not attended as many of your shoots as I would like to but I will say this, the quality of your shoots and the targets you set are some of the best I have shot. Come rain, snow or sunshine It's no accident why your shoots are so well supported and growing further in popularity. Keep up the good work!!

Latest posts

Back