Competition entries

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Lovatt

Is it me or is there a great feel to 2014 , looking at our own entries and other shoots like four counties , gunsite , barrow Heath there seems to be more competition shooters around now than in previous years , cpsa must be doing a great marketing campaign

Steve

Some big numbers going through well run attractively set up shoots.
Well done to those who set those shoots up for us.
We will keep coming.

Shooters vote with their feet Steve. Grounds that provide great targets, decent prize pools and a friendly service do well. From a shooters point of view its been a while since we have seen so many good grounds AND course setters across the country. 2014 looks like it's going to be a jam packed shooting calendar, lots to look forward to.

I think also Steve, you are seeing people like me travel to shoot now.

With the lost of Wylye and PODIMORE and southern counties a unknown, us southern softies have to drive to shoot.

Doing Southdown (soon be back at your shoots don't panic) this weekend, which used to be the furthest i used to drive, now the closest.

I think shooting numbers are about the same just, more people will travel for good clays.

I think this site has whipped up interest. People will arrange to meet up and feel better in a group.

Although I have done little over the last 6-8 weeks I do think your right. However is it down to the good weather, relatively dry. I mean relatively, no snow like last year.

The buzz does seam to be all round the midlands though, effectively all competing for everyone's hard earned cash. I just wish some of the northern clubs would have a go at reg comps, do a good job and see that they can make money at it, and/or do it without upsetting the more casual shooter.

I think this site has whipped up interest. People will arrange to meet up and feel better in a group.
This

Is it me or is there a great feel to 2014 , looking at our own entries and other shoots like four counties , gunsite , barrow Heath there seems to be more competition shooters around now than in previous years , cpsa must be doing a great marketing campaign

Steve
It is you Steve!" who needs marketing"  just put on shoots like yours and people will make a bee line everytime as the saying goes" Build it and they will come". :spiteful:

Last edited by a moderator:
Have to agree with Madmatt, challenging and varied targets, fair price and freindly service and people will turn up.If not they will go elsewhere.

It's Monday evening and my missus asked me was I shooting away this wk end?? I said I hope too, because I want to shoot some decent targets, and it will be Westfield and somewhere!!!! "Do think she is seeing somebody behind my back?"

It's Monday evening and my missus asked me was I shooting away this wk end?? I said I hope too, because I want to shoot some decent targets, and it will be Westfield and somewhere!!!! "Do think she is seeing somebody behind my back?".
I'll see you at Westfield  :nyam: xx

And I do think that this site helps, great to meet up and easy to find someone to go with if you don't fancy turning up on your own.

It's a combination of the recovery, loss of a few grounds, good target setting and the ShootClay factor.

Latest posts

Back