Choking on a decision....

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A friend who is a brilliant shot always used Miroku Trap 3/4 & Full , won a lot , International honours etc. changed to a Miroku Teagued , still shot brilliantly.

Saw him yesterday , shooting brilliantly , every clay vapourised and made into soot .

" What choke you got in that?"     " 3/4 & Full " " I thought it was Teagued?"  " That's the other one .Gone back to this to save messing with my head".

I'm currently thinking over what to do with mine aswell, My barrels are fixed at 3/4 & 1/4. I've contacted a local gunsmith whose given me a price of £30 + Vat to change the 3/4 to 1/2. 

ive also messaged Teague to see what there price is, but haven't heard back yet
Teague quoted me £54 per barrel to open up and 10 days to 2 weeks turnaround. 

The whole choke industry is a vampire to the unsure among us..
Whole choke.....is that a new constriction....is it any good ?

No matter what choke I shoot I find I have to see the same picture to break the clay.....so choke tight and forget about it

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Iggy it is a mental thing and I wouldn't do it.

Before you Teague them try to find a "loose" cartridge that spreads faster than regular ones do. I have been forth and back and found that Clever T2 2.3mm, Clever Bior 2.2mm and Cheddite Free Shots 2.2mm throw me a 0.010 pattern through 0.025 choke. In reality it doesn't matter much - more or less just serve like a mental boost and that is all I need.

Anyway - once you find one, hit the range and try it on close targets. If you find a confidence in them at close range you got them clays covered all, if not Teague will do...but you may begin to worry about those long ones?

Will,

Sorry mate , it is you that is confused .

Davy B is looking for the stock answer.

No matter what choke I shoot I find I have to see the same picture to break the clay.....so choke tight and forget about it

Interested to hear this really....I think this is th crux of my problem in that I'm not doing what I normally do....rather talking myself in having to be more 'deliberate' due to the reduced pattern. 

On balance I'm going to try and work on shells first, and maybe a lesson or two....then fall back on 'surgery' if all else fails. 

Thanks to all for your help ?

IF, the targets are that close, I leave the chokes alone and just   "FIX BAYONETS"   !    They don't like it up em yer know  !

Very true if a clay needs 3ft lead it needs 3ft with cylinder or full choke. But an open choke gives you a larger margin of error.

Interested to hear this really....I think this is th crux of my problem in that I'm not doing what I normally do....rather talking myself in having to be more 'deliberate' due to the reduced pattern. On balance I'm going to try and work on shells first, and maybe a lesson or two....then fall back on 'surgery' if all else fails. 

Thanks to all for your help ?

I shoot a multi choked Beretta, in the last number of years iv only had 3/4 and full choke in the gun, hasn't hurt my scores when I miss a clay iv misread it or made a sloppy movement. If I ever change guns it will be fixed 3/4 and full or 3/4 and 3/4. I don't believe tight chokes are a handicap on close birds ( if you have time to be deliberate) close fast birds or short window.....a shell that opens up a little sooner can help

Back