Cartridge price increases now getting silly

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A few years ago I was squaded with one of the top shots at Northampton, he was using the cheapest Rio target cartridges through an old Miroku MK38. Didn’t stop him winning the shoot on 96. I think most modern cartridges will more than do the job it’s sometimes a matter of getting used to them.

Also at my local cartridge dealer on Friday and asked him what his cheapest cartridge was - 28gm Fiocchi TT1 at £220 a thousand. If I had to I would!
I think you’ll find that’s the old price based on old stock. Litespeed are circa £260 a thou on new prices. TT1 from memory were fractionally more expensive. I’m guessing £263 would be the new price for TT1’s. Bargain right 😳 

if he has them at £220. Buy the lot NOW! 

A few years ago I was squaded with one of the top shots at Northampton, he was using the cheapest Rio target cartridges through an old Miroku MK38. Didn’t stop him winning the shoot on 96. I think most modern cartridges will more than do the job it’s sometimes a matter of getting used to them.

Also at my local cartridge dealer on Friday and asked him what his cheapest cartridge was - 28gm Fiocchi TT1 at £220 a thousand. If I had to I would!
Those Rio Target cartridges were brilliant. Excellent patterns. I think they were an accident by Rio, never meant to be that good. The only reason I stopped using them was that they were a bit thumpy, which was fine in my old Perazzi with a recoil reducer. 

Tt1 were £260 ,fblu£270,fblack£274 at garlands yesterday.  The fiocchi price list is only valid for the next 3 months. I doubt they'll come down in price. 

Jasper. 

Tt1 were £260 ,fblu£270,fblack£274 at garlands yesterday.  The fiocchi price list is only valid for the next 3 months. I doubt they'll come down in price. 

Jasper. 
👍 I wasn’t far out. Plus old Glossop are cheap, pretty much trade prices. 
how was the shoot? Weather any good?

I just don't understand why none of these companies are looking at a Cartridge for the club shooter. Both of these new releases by Gamebore will never go through my gun. Even if I won the lottery I couldn't justify £450 a thousand. There's nothing the Velocities in fibre didn't break at Swinton on Saturday.

A price check with 'Proper Cartridges' is next on my list.  
I Hear that Rose Gold is only White Gold, but you cant say White, and the Onyx is Black Gold, but you cant say Black.  🙄

👍 I wasn’t far out. Plus old Glossop are cheap, pretty much trade prices. 
how was the shoot? Weather any good?
Shoot touch on the tough side for most mortals I think. Monster pair of fast sim battues at "65yards" tested most folk...hit 4ex8. Trying out stuff for the British I suspect.

I'm not shooting well either which doesn't help.

One stand of driven had a crossbar (padded) at the front of the cage which everyone was hitting their guns on.  Addressed on Steve's Facebook.  

Weather was overcast, touch on chilly side. No wind to speak of. 

Arnies 98 was insane. 

Jasper. 

Well from my experience all local stocks have now sold out at old prices and are all selling at New top rates. In the meantime all the shooters I know have stocked up while they can at the old prices. If this pattern has followed more or less all over the country then I would expect a bit of a lull in cartridge sales. Let's hope the manufactures notice a drop in demand from their products leaving the factory

Well from my experience all local stocks have now sold out at old prices and are all selling at New top rates. In the meantime all the shooters I know have stocked up while they can at the old prices. If this pattern has followed more or less all over the country then I would expect a bit of a lull in cartridge sales. Let's hope the manufactures notice a drop in demand from their products leaving the factory
I might be wrong but I heard they could sell as much as they want to the American market.

I might be wrong but I heard they could sell as much as they want to the American market.
Last I heard Cartridges over there are less expensive. Plus Hull etc have to get them there and then pay import taxes

Last edited by a moderator:
In fairness, IIRC Aussie GST is 10%, where VAT is 20%, so they do work out a very similar pre tax price to UK. Still the fact that they've been shipped nearly half way round the world, so either the shipping cost is miniscule, or we're getting our pants pulled down. My money is on the latter.

Last edited by a moderator:
In fairness, IIRC Aussie GST is 10%, where VAT is 20%, so they do work out a very similar pre tax price to UK. Still the fact that they've been shipped nearly half way round the world, so either the shipping cost is miniscule, or we're getting our pants pulled down. My money is on the latter.
I recall also seeing a French website selling White Gold for a lot less than you could probably find them for in a Gunshop in Hull! Britain does always pay more for things but it’s partly because we enable it. The shipping isn’t cheap for them to move the stuff overseas so the profit margin on the Uk sales must be pretty good id imagine. 

That’s what I said. Why get used to them if they are to be withdrawn. But in this case, I’m fine with it. 
Were they the fibre or plastic version? I just picked some up as I couldn’t get my hands on any FBlack fibre for the weekend.

Back