Buying a 2nd hand DT10

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes sir, IPS, sir!!!  :) 

However, the Fabarm stays, the next gun, probably a DT10, gets added to the list.

By the way, can anyone enlighten me as to what the "Trident" suffix is meant to signify, other than a price premium?

twas merely a name given to the early ones but everyone called it a DT so think the trident was sort of dropped by evolution. Pretty sure that there is not a DT10 and a DT10 trident.

Ps.

the term trident relates to the Beretta logo..... I think :)

I have a DT10 Trident Trap - it's engraved & embossed in gold on the bottom of the action ;)  

Sorry Ian  :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
"In terms of P-guns, your arguments are well made, but from my quick bit of research, an equivalently priced (sub £3k) P-gun is likely to have had a much harder life than these Berettas, so it might be a future change!"

Of course it is all about opinions re guns and much more besides. Myself I would not use a Beretta of any sort to shoot trap... but that is just my opinion. Re how hard a life a gun has had the gun you see in the pics is more than 25years old and when I bought it in a private sale I had to pay €3250 which is circa £2400, probably more than the original buyer paid in the first place, you cannot buy a new 692 for that money and my opinion of them is not printable. When you buy a quality product and treat it properly it will reward you with the life expectancy commensurate. I am sixty next month and hope to see a lot more the gun you see will be functioning perfectly well after I have gone.

IMG_0399.JPG

IMG_0400.JPG

Of course it is all about opinions re guns and much more besides. Myself I would not use a Beretta of any sort to shoot trap... but that is just my opinion.
Why is that exactly ? I have shot Beretta for 99% of my shooting so far so you could say I'm a fan but even I could happily be convinced to swap to the right P,  K,  Zoli,  Blaser, etc, etc.....................never did understand this brand affliction thingy. There is no question Perazzi make some very fine guns but it's naive in the extreme to ignore the fact that they also have a list of weaknesses, a mate currently waiting for his new one has had to buy a 690 in the interim because the loaned MX8 has broken on him twice ! One of the very best young shots in the country who must be thrashing out 2k shells per month uses a 692, I last spoke to him a few days ago and he seems happy with it.

John, you make a good and very valid point, but the research I've done (thorough, but by no means exhaustive) suggests that for the money the DT10s I've been looking at are available, the available Perazzis are in nowhere near the same condition. I'd have to pay a fair bit more to get one in an equivalent condition. 

So in this case, I'll go for the DT10, and not just because IPS says I should ;-).

Indeed I have gone for the DT10, and it's now safely tucked away at home!!

Why is that exactly ? I have shot Beretta for 99% of my shooting so far so you could say I'm a fan but even I could happily be convinced to swap to the right P,  K,  Zoli,  Blaser, etc, etc.....................never did understand this brand affliction thingy. There is no question Perazzi make some very fine guns but it's naive in the extreme to ignore the fact that they also have a list of weaknesses, a mate currently waiting for his new one has had to buy a 690 in the interim because the loaned MX8 has broken on him twice ! One of the very best young shots in the country who must be thrashing out 2k shells per month uses a 692, I last spoke to him a few days ago and he seems happy with it.
Horses for courses or just a matter of opinion Hammy but the ones I have tries are some of the most dead guns I have used. As to that young shot there is no substitute for ability and there he has the advantage of me I am afraid  :)  . Perazzi shotguns may indeed have their weaknesses fortunately none have shown up on my gun to date I am very please to report, the only problem the gun has is the person behind it... not quite up to the gun but I do try.

John - 

I think it is pretty inconsiderate of you to continue to flaunt that gun and the deal you got.

However I have just scored a pristine MX1 as new for about £2600 - a 1981 production so I know I overpaid but the high rib MX1's are near never seen used.  And this one hasn't even a mark on the breech face.    NAH NAH NAH

Nice one Charlie you cannot over pay if the seller won't sell for less. I actually wanted to pay less for the MX8 but the seller was having none of it, the gun was great what do you do ? By the way not normally one for adornments but the barrel stickers are the mutts had to have them on. There are a lot of Perazzi shooters with the barrel stickers but not the tricolour ones I had them made up special.

Here is one for you Charlie engraving is not to everybody's taste but if I stayed remotely near this gun's owner I would have it asking for €4200 or about  £3100 but it is really a two day drive over. Its the same year as mine in fact the serial number of my gun is 77838. Also that is not the original gun case for it.

http://www.naturabuy.fr/PERAZZI-MX8-Grave-item-2633769.html

Actually I offered that amount.  Seller was quick enough on the uptake that I suspect that I could have gotten it for less but prolly not much.  And he is paying the shipping so I can't bitch too much hahaha   I was gonna ask about the bbl stickers since I'd seen some tricolor things like that in Perazzi adverts but they are unobtainable here.  The "new" gun doesn't have sideribs anyway so it's really moot.

That engraving is pretty tasty and the gun looks hardly used.  If that gun were here at that price I'd have it in a heartbeat.  Someone would for sure at any rate.  

Back