British Open - Hepworth Hall - Open Thread

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had the pleasure of talking to Sam and watching him shoot, effortless class springs to mind.
Your right hammy I shot barrow with him a month or two ago.on several stands he was talking with his back to the targets when someone would say "Sam your on" he walked up asked the ref which direction the clays were,then smoked them he shot a 97 that day

Gnasher you must never feel intimidated with people watching , because I can assure you they are watching the clays flight line more than whoever is shooting them , deep breath relax and enjoy it

Steve

The winners' rostrum - picture courtesy of Jon Hedgecock - from Left to Right:

Scott Barnet (3rd), Mr Zoli (giving Sam a new Z Gun), Sam Green (1st) and Mark Winser (2nd). 

1229830_641615135862565_863057633_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Really enjoyed reading this thread as I travelled home from Hepworth on Friday planning what to spend the money on when I sell my guns.

I actually scored less than I did at the Essex Masters even though I shot at 20 more targets.

Looking back I think I did enjoy the shoot plus it was nice to see some of the faces you normally only see in the shooting press.

You can't expect the British open to be an easy, you keep those guns get yourself a bit of coaching, and pick their brains when you stop for a cuppa or lunch!! And go and smash some clays

Thanks for that pearl of wisdom dab but I'm sure I shot a round of 100 twice and both scores were higher than the score I had on Friday. I am sorry I didn't make that clear.

Mac Ladd that sounds like good advice maybe I need to speak to some of my fellow Norfolk carrot crunchers who seem to have performed rather well.

Wot's with the squares after the post ?
As Jem says - they probably looked fine when the post was written on a phone (or on a PC with some funny symbols installed) but the forum software only really recognises the ones when you click the smiley buttn...

Scott just to send a belated "we'll done for a fantastic 3rd at the BO" but you'll have to do better than you did today :mad:) got us lost on the way to Cheltenham , in Cheltenham , and finally , I finally beat you good and proper.

Back