British Open - Hepworth Hall - Open Thread

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sportrap was tough, a lot of the sims if shot the wrong way would cause you a problems. Overall I thought the targets by themselves were fine, BUT when you combine some interesting button pushing and a few of the sim pairs being 50/50 to which way to shoot them it made it a stiff course. Not sure we needed a complete layout of white clays, in fact he could have moved the entire layout to the big field where layout 3 and 4 were and not had any issues with sunlight.

The Sporting course was brutal if you were having an off day, plenty of targets that had no speed behind them plus a stupidly close rabbit, can't see the point of putting that on a course IMO, serious lack of imagination. Apart from that the course had everything, saw plenty of head stratching, bends in barrels and 14 speeding fines on the way home, and that was just me :biggrin:

Carl Bloxham, Cheryl hall, tony dean, B hand , Sam green there are a couple more p Simpson. Did you shoot it Aspire
Still all to play for then!

Yeah,as Ed said,shot 102. Fairly pleased with that after a bad start. My shooting has come on massively in the last few months,with thanks to Ed and the support and guidance of a learned man.....Mr Wylye ;)

Still all to play for then!
Yeah,as Ed said,shot 102. Fairly pleased with that after a bad start. My shooting has come on massively in the last few months,with thanks to Ed and the support and guidance of a learned man.....Mr Wylye ;)
Bloody well shot mate pleased for ya as you have worked hard to get where you are...:)

I thought the layout of white clays looked shootable - but I was wearing the Pilla 46N lens that I had treated myself to. Seeing them with those on wasn't a problem, breaking the bloody things was.
The close rabbit is apparently a common target on the major shoots - ask John Heagren, Matt. He used to enjoy putting them on for the big shoots at Bisley. I think it's a great target - look at the scores! So many people haven't a clue how to shoot it.

Josh Bridges win both Colt and C class at the Open!

1098045_405821686184192_1546438532_n.jpg

I'm not always sure what people mean by technical targets but I guess reading the target correctly is what matters. Stand 4 was a classic in that respect. Dyson often puts on a low crosser at the top of the bank in that field. This time he put on a sim pair left to right. As I walked from stand 2 and observed them I thought "they're not fast, don't over lead them"
Well I still managed to overlead 3 of them because I hadn't spotted that they were angled, not just across the bank but down the bank. Something that I could clearly see, looking back (too late) from stand 5
The advantage of walking the course before and taking a proper look I suppose

I agree with ed think 111 can still be beat I would loved to have shot it on a cloudy day !!!!

Any of the above mentioned are more than capable if they have a good day

A technical stand in my mind was the stand around stand 12 or 13 where you had a r to l blaze flashing through the trees and then coming to a full stop as soon as it breaks cover thus causing people to shoot in front

It was also hard on some stands as the setter left your gun in totally the wrong place after the first bird to address the second bird , for example st 8 or 9 with a driven followed by a Long breaking crosser if this was shot the other way round scores would have increased

I tend to leave the gun in the best place to pick up second bird , even if you have to move your feet round

Steve

Last edited by a moderator:
Totally agree about 8. Driven/crosser
Struggled to get my gun back to the right place.
11 was the same: crosser/teal.
I took the white blaze early on 12, before it thought about slowing down!
I was very intimidated on 13. Big crowd, including GD watching - it was the only stand that attracted spectators. Thought they could have given me some applause when I finally hit the crossing midi ;)

You actually hit that? none of my group hit it or the group before us,  Well Done!!

13 was one of my retard stands- pair dead pair dead, kill loss, loss kill! Story of my day...

Back