Before and After!

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well as this is a forum there are already threads about Shotkam footage and I am pretty sure there have been others before which seems to be what you are hawking I am sure you will tell me yours is different but I doubt there will be much, usually it is customary to search threads for relevant subjects when joining a forum.

I have no wish to attach something to my gun, head or anything else to video my shooting doesn't float my boat and I have already seen enough of this type of footage for myself.

your claim to be the inventor of the "line of sight camera " is obviously false as I can think of a few I have seen,glasses are available with HD video recording for a start.

as with most people that spam/promote their own site you have failed to respond to that point, seems you have joined just to do that.

I am not an admin but I believe advertising without permission is not allowed

Last edited by a moderator:
My advertising rates are very reasonable... Just get in touch.

Oh.... And I have seen, used and reviewed at least three or four of these cameras, but I'm happy to hear your go to market plan for this one.

well as this is a forum there are already threads about Shotkam footage and I am pretty sure there have been others before which seems to be what you are hawking I am sure you will tell me yours is different but I doubt there will be much, usually it is customary to search threads for relevant subjects when joining a forum.

I have no wish to attach something to my gun, head or anything else to video my shooting doesn't float my boat and I have already seen enough of this type of footage for myself.

your claim to be the inventor of the "line of sight camera " is obviously false as I can think of a few I have seen,glasses are available with HD video recording for a start.

as with most people that spam/promote their own site you have failed to respond to that point, seems you have joined just to do that.

I am not an admin but I believe advertising without permission is not allowed

The system is Patented and I am named as the inventor. How stupid would I be to make this claim on Youtube to many thousands of viewers? I don't tell lies.

I'm not advertising or selling anything because my system is not yet on the market. Many shooters do seem to like my videos (2.1 million views & 2800 subscribers) and I intend to keep making them. If this is not welcome on the Forum then I would be surprised but would accept it Mr Schmokinn.

Your point that my system is not unique; I would appreciate your evidence as suggested earlier, Shotkam is different and if you are sure of your facts send me some video. The HD head cams on the market will not reproduce my video. They would have to contravene our Patent to do so. 

Your quote: "I have no wish to attach something to my gun, head or anything else to video my shooting doesn't float my boat and I have already seen enough of this type of footage for myself"

You are obviously not interested in the technology so why bother me with your negative opinions? I will accept criticism gladly but don't call me a liar from behind an alias Mr Schmokinn. 

My advertising rates are very reasonable... Just get in touch.

Oh.... And I have seen, used and reviewed at least three or four of these cameras, but I'm happy to hear your go to market plan for this one.
Thanks and I will, would be interested in seeing the footage and your report.

@Gordon H. - lets see:

There this thread on the forum which shows ShotKam in action - as well as discussing some of the features... 

and if you go onto the Shotkam site, there are some neatly organised clips of targets.  : https://www.shotkam.com/ - including the footage of George Digweed using one on his latest Club Digweed show.

There was also the Tru-Shot which was developed by Dennis Stepney - which seems to now be defunct, but that was the best version of this I've ever seen - it connected directly to a hand held PC so you could review your video with a coach. I have a folder full of videos of me learning to shoot  skeet with it about 4  years ago, it recorded at 60fps and you could see your shot string heading towards the clay.  Here is some of that footage that still lives on via You Tube:

My point here is that these are not unique - but they are useful tools if they are in the right hands. Who wouldn't want to see a top shot taking on our bogey target with a number of methods to help us get sorted on a solution.  

I'd be interested (genuinely - and you can email me privately if you don't want it on an open forum) to understand exactly what your patent is on this - is it the camera, or the mounting, or the lens configuration?   What's the USP of your device? Give me the dragons den pitch, and you might find I offer to help more than you know... I'd rather buy a UK device than an American one if I can.  I could even help with your website, which could really use getting up to date.

Finally - I'm more than happy for you to post videos - but as with all forums, you'll get feedback from people who think they know better, know nothing, or really know better - and you possibly won't agree with all of it - but whatever, don't get upset by it. 

On 13/05/2016 at 8:12 AM, ShootClay Admin said:

@Gordon H. - lets see:

There this thread on the forum which shows ShotKam in action - as well as discussing some of the features... 

and if you go onto the Shotkam site, there are some neatly organised clips of targets.  : https://www.shotkam.com/ - including the footage of George Digweed using one on his latest Club Digweed show.

There was also the Tru-Shot which was developed by Dennis Stepney - which seems to now be defunct, but that was the best version of this I've ever seen - it connected directly to a hand held PC so you could review your video with a coach. I have a folder full of videos of me learning to shoot  skeet with it about 4  years ago, it recorded at 60fps and you could see your shot string heading towards the clay.  Here is some of that footage that still lives on via You Tube:

-

Last edited by a moderator:
Apart from the possible "fun" aspect of it I have never seen the actual benefit from a learning perspective if indeed there is any "learning based" reason for strapping a camera on yer gun and looking were you missed.

Not being argumentative just my opinion.

Not hiding behind any alias the vast majority of users have screen names related to something else,in this case my 20+ year old email address.

Forums are for expressing your opinion good or bad,if you don't like the concept you shouldn't use them.

so it is a repackaged 60fps camera of which there are hundreds available.

so again i ask where are the images of this wonder device,can't be any need to hide it if you have the patent...unless of course you believe you may be breeching someone elses?

I am not a techno bloke. To me a camera is a camera, a camera strapped to your barrell is a camera strapped your barrel

Patents are usually very grey so I cant see what aspect of a camera strapped to your barrell can me "meaningfully" patented.

again not being deliberately argumentative and as schmokin rightfully points out forums are by definition a platform for discussion and for challenge based debate.

Have to agree with ips here, I'm struggling to comprehend what there is to be patented about a camera strapped to a gun. Or strapped to anything really.

As others have said, this sort of thing has been done before. I can see benefits for both instructor and student if you can actually demonstrate in slo-mo the shot pattern's path to the target. 

Latest posts

Back