Back pain from the cold

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
don't know really nick. I think maybe it makes you hold your posture better plus keeps your back warm which definitely helps imo

don't know really nick. I think maybe it makes you hold your posture better plus keeps your back warm which definitely helps imo
they weaken the muscles, so possibly just a placebo effect..... However, if it reduces your pain, crack on Ian.

nick

I know of two other shooters who suffer sciatica and both bought back supports having tried mine out. Both now swear by there use and both are adamant of there benefit. Placebo !!! Not convinced but I respect your opinion ?

nick

I know of two other shooters who suffer sciatica and both bought back supports having tried mine out. Both now swear by there use and both are adamant of there benefit. Placebo !!! Not convinced but I respect your opinion ?
Hey, what do I know?....

plenty of people are convinced that hanging upside down can prevent hair loss also but the evidence is just not there......

Placebo isn't necessarily a bad thing if it reduces the pain but the back support has very little benefit and actually weakens the muscles you want to get stronger. The key to reducing low back pain is movement and strong muscles...

I wasn't questioning you nick, I respect your opinion. I consider physios to be gods ?

I suffered sciatica for many years, the only thing that worked for me was going into a swimming pool, not to swim but just to take the weight of my spine, after 6 months of work and £30,000 lighter the pool was the best remidie over the time.
hydrotherapy can be effective.... I've treated many people in the hydro pool for Low back pain.

I cant argue with a pro nick. But with respect I cant change what I know works for me.

I cant argue with a pro nick. But with respect I cant change what I know works for me.
I can only offer advice\education based on the latest clinical evidence, Ian.....Just like my patients, I cannot make you do anything you do not want to do.

I hope whatever you do, it eases your back pain.

thank you nick ?

as a final statement, my physio of nearly twenty years has never advised against it and I trust her implicitly

I would not disrespect her in such a way, she knows me personally as well as a patient she even refs my shotgun renewal. She has kept me mobile through many intense and debilitating times over the years. If she thought not using a support would help she would have said so.

I suffer from acute lower spinal facet syndrome due to having no cruciate kings in right knee which Physio and chiro can help with  dry needling being excellent. I also suffer sciatica, the best cure for which I find is ... Ten Pin Bowling.. I guess different things work for different people!

yep, sex works for me....but don't tell the Mrs

I would not disrespect her in such a way, she knows me personally as well as a patient she even refs my shotgun renewal. She has kept me mobile through many intense and debilitating times over the years. If she thought not using a support would help she would have said so.
I'm guessing you missed my wink....

However, as physiotherapy is supposed to evidence based practice, all physios should be using the guidelines... personally, I like to use treatments/guidance that has evidence to back it up but we are all different and approach things in different ways. I like to give people the advice/guidance and then it is up to them....

as the old saying goes, you can take a horse to water but you can't make it drink it.

Back