Any opinions on new gun please. 725 vs 692

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rosso,

Welcome to the World of deception. 19.1mm. is Eleven bore, but not if you've got as much clout as Pietro Beretta.
Surely not all the barrel measures 19.1 though.. It's a maximum size within the whole thing? Tapers down right?

Read in isolation, that's a very personal question :crazy:
Ahhh. All gone quite on the 11 bore front. I suppose if you get a 12 bore shell in it then its ok.

But what happens when the shot rolls out the other side.

I'v seen him in the little boys room, and he ain't got 19.1 stamped on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
do,nt discount some of the other guns in this price range

the miroku mk38 gd5 is a great gun for the money and wo,nt let you down,

so are the guerini,s ,there very good aswell do,nt part with any money until you,ve tied them

its a lot of money to spend to find out later you made the wrong choice

happy shopping and let us know how you got on,

Can't disagree with the comments made in the last post.

The 692 is a fairly expensive gun at around £2500 - 2750 (I think) The Browning is a little bit cheaper, as I recall an S3 is IRO £2400 or so.

There are a few other very nice guns in that bracket, not least of which is the Caesar Guerini Challenger (about £2500-2600) and as mentioned the MK38 Gd5 is about the same.

I would join with darthMK38 in urging you to try them if you can. You're certainly welcome to have a go with my CG if you're anywhere near to Solihull.

Thanks very much everyone for your opinions and the kind offers to try out some guns, unfortunately I'm a long way away up in the frozen north! (Inverness-shire)

Anyway it looks like the 692 is out the window now as I was told by one member of staff that whatever price is on the net is the price I'd pay but sadly not, spoke to the boss yesterday who kindly offered the 692 to try out on demo but when I asked if he could improve on the price at all he quoted me a price £400 more than the 'net price! I should have bought it the first day when I was served by one of the young boys! Never procrastinate!!! The internet price had apparently not been updated for some time.

Anyway, I know some folks dont approve of them but I was planning whatever one I bought would have an adjustable comb, as my current Browning does, just helps me get it set-up how I want it. This shop only has the Black edition in fixed. They said they cant get anymore in adjustable as they were only limited editions????

Anyway I phoned another shop a little bit further away who has two adjustable Black Edition 725s and the best price they can do is £2395 which I think sounds like a fair deal? Hopefully get up there tomorrow. So looks like I might end up with a 725 and save myself a good chunk of cash for what intially felt better in my shoulder in the first place!

Regarding Mirokus, I bought a new one a few years back and just didn't get on with it very well. CG I just havent really seen any up this way and I think an adjustable comb model would be out of reach price wise.

Any other thoughts/opinions welcomed!

Thanks everyone for your input.

Good luck with it keep us updated we like a shooting tale with a happy ending :)

If you can find what you want secondhand then do so. You will save a huge amount. The £2.5k gun new is only worth £1.8k six weeks later as a trade in.

If you can find what you want secondhand then do so. You will save a huge amount. The £2.5k gun new is only worth £1.8k six weeks later as a trade in.
+1

Everybody is different but I have bought two new shotguns in my time in shooting but I would never waste the money again. If you are careful you can find the gun you are looking for, or indeed a gun that you thought would be out of your price range looking for a secondhand gun pref a private sale. If you are patient you will find the right gun at a very good price. Always keep your eyes and ears alert for someone looking to sell at a competition or at the gun club that 725 at a year old is going to be worth a hell of a lot less than £2k.

always remember just because a gun is old it does not necessarily mean it is going to be worn out! A good quality gun will last a lifetime.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back