2012 Targets/Aims

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Targets are in my sig :D would like to cash in class in one of the majors, even if its £20 for 15th in C :lol: :.: but hoping by the Worlds I can be in B and challenging for honors

My aim's this year is a little different to probably just about everyone elses.

1. I aim to get even more Youngsters and Ladies into the sport than last year. Difficult but doable as things are looking very good with the sponsorship I have so far.

2. I intend to get even more of my pupils up at least another class this year. Again difficult but doable and I look forward to that challenge with great enthusiasm.

3. And I'm looking for a shooter either male or female with potential who want's be coached to a very high standard for the price of lunch each time we meet. So if your genuinely interested then let me know. The coaching will be done mainly at Wylye Valley and my final decision will be in March. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
My aim's this year is a little different to probably just about everyone elses. 1. I aim to get even more Youngsters and Ladies into the sport than last year. Difficult but doable as things are looking very good with the sponsorship I have so far. 2. I intend to get even more of my pupils up at least another class this year. Again difficult but doable and I look forward to that challenge with great enthusiasm. 3. And I'm looking for a shooter either male or female with potential who want's be coached to a very high standard for the price of lunch each time we meet. So if your genuinely interested then let me know. The coaching will be done mainly at Wylye Valley and my final decision will be in March. ;)

Im offten at Wylye and will be looking for some coaching soon , I think I have potential ? :D so Im intrested Rob

Aiming this year to consistantly shoot 84/85+ and break into AA for the End of the year.

Will be trying to iron out the stupid little mistakes when i start to try too hard aswell!

By the way, anyone got a way they can turn themselves off so they dont start trying?

Finding it hard now when i get to the end of a shoot barely missed any, i start trying at it all goes pete tong!

You practice hard so you dont have to "try" when it comes to the shoot. You should trust yourself to relax and let your technique and focus do the work.

As they say in boxing train hard fight easy.....

I know we are 2 months into the year but I would like to share some of our aims

Develop our skeet, trap and sporting facilities

Launch our Pro/Am tournaments (in conjunction with the Notts CPSA) to encourage developing shooters into competition

Deliver a fantastic BO Skeet (the first time we have hosted a Major event)

Attract a bucket load of new people to the sport and increase membership

Raise awareness and profile of clay shooting within our local community

Have a bloody good time doing it (between the hard work)

On a personal level

Jointly (helping out one of our junior skeet team) captain the Notts Skeet team effectively

You never know - I might actually pick up a gun this year and learn to shoot!

Yes that's right, I don't shoot. I know it is embarrassing and I am ashamed to admit it when I have so much opportunity and facilities (grabs coat and makes a hasty exit! :oops: :oops: )

My goal this year is simple : have fun!

It would also be nice to pass on some of the things I have spent the past 30 years learning before I forget them all.

Having watched my late father's memory decline as his dementia progressed I realise how fragile knowledge and experience is!

My goal this year is to ignore moaning bastards. :D :D

My aim's this year is a little different to probably just about everyone elses.

1. I aim to get even more Youngsters and Ladies into the sport than last year. Difficult but doable as things are looking very good with the sponsorship I have so far.

2. I intend to get even more of my pupils up at least another class this year. Again difficult but doable and I look forward to that challenge with great enthusiasm.

3. And I'm looking for a shooter either male or female with potential who want's be coached to a very high standard for the price of lunch each time we meet. So if your genuinely interested then let me know. The coaching will be done mainly at Wylye Valley and my final decision will be in March. ;)
Is that just for sporting or trap too?

Just had a day with David Kostilecky that was really really good! I can get him to vouch for my potential! :wink:

Kath

Hello Kath.

I was actually talking about Sporting as it's my speciality but I can teach Skeet and Trap as well.

The Skeet and Trap I must confess is not my speciality but I'm told I teach both very well by the people I've taught.

There will be better Skeet and Trap coaches out there though if you look hard. ;)

Regards Rob.

No problem Rob! I thought it might be sporting!

I'm just looking for any help I can get at the moment to boost my scores back up!

Kath

No problem Rob! I thought it might be sporting!

I'm just looking for any help I can get at the moment to boost my scores back up!

Kath
Any time you are over I am happy to meet up. My email is on the profile page and if you email me I will give you mobile number. Don't mind which...week day or week end.

north of england ABT team is my main focus ! and to visit bywell southern counties etc

might do the kreighoff DTL if funds allow

kath where abouts do you shoot ?

Missed it but only just 82.7 since the cut off its gone upto 83.2 so happy with that, hopefully I can make 85+ by end of the year

(null)

Missed it but only just 82.7 since the cut off its gone upto 83.2 so happy with that, hopefully I can make 85+ by end of the year

(null)
Eh? Where have you seen the new cut off points? CPSA site has no new classifications or info that I can see.

I was really getting frustrated by not going anywhere. However, I am creeping upwards and the average is getting closer to the magic AA. Won't make it by next grading, bu if all goes well, possible by next June.. So generally upwards.. I would define the difference as shifting from hitting a low eighties score and being glad , to thinking it should have been much higher..

I have achieved my first aim of the year of getting into AA class so i am now aiming for AAA Class for the next cut off point. In terms of averages i am @ 85% at the moment so i am pushing to stop making 'silly mistakes' ie concentrating untill the end of the stand EVERY time.

Latest posts

Back