World ICTSF English Sporting in Canada

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
steave nobody cheats on my squad his feet wouldent touch the ground and the same when i reff 

Sadly this thread has now sidetracked thanks to shadowy suggestions of "cheating" at an event where we should be celebrating / congratulating so many UK based competitors for some terrific results.

If this person is known to be a cheat why cant a head ref go around the shoot with them , that way ref decision is final and if they dont like it then give up .
Maybe cheating is the only way they can achieve not good for the sport

cheating in sporting nothing new there then been going on for years nobody/s got theballs to report them that/s one of the reason/s i gave up sporting year/s ago
That and you weren't good enough...piss of back to skeet, never seen cheating, yet, hope I never do...because I WILL NOT ALLOW it...if I see it!!!

Darkside,

I think I may have found out why you are missing a few clays !

Your looking through Rose tinted glasses?

I think the point in question was due to an inexperienced ref that scored two people on each others cards and mixed up the master card , it happens , mistake no cheating involved

so what was an inexperienced ref doing at a world champs??????????????????? :goodjob:   :laugh:   :laugh:   :laugh:

"Everythnig was set up and trained within 8 days of the shoot!" Quote from Henry says it all really  :fie:

Some of the refs hadn't seen clays before the morning of the comp , a good shot told me today they even had to push there own buttons !!!!!!

Could this be the way forward ???? Me thinks not

Sorry, but reading this, one might be forgiven for thinking that the England/Team GB cannot send a team/individual shooters [even if they do do not represent their country at the shoot in question] abroad without some concomitant accusation of "cheating". Accusations of cheating amongst certain shooters from these islands seem to be endemic.

I can only wonder at how disheartening this must be for those honest members representing their national side in shooting events.

And there are easy [yet potentially more expensive] ways to stamp out any perceived irregularities or suspicions of "cheating".

Why must these accusations follow certain British shooters round at pretty much every international shoot? Are the CPSA and the team members themselves not utterly pissed-off with it? I would be. And I suspect that the greater number of folks reading will be too.

Tragic.

I think unless you are furnished with the facts, which with all due respect most of you are not, you are best to leave it to those involved to sort out rather than speculate.

It does no one any good filling in the blanks from what you heard in the club house.

I think unless you are furnished with the facts, which with all due respect most of you are not, you are best to leave it to those involved to sort out rather than speculate.

It does no one any good filling in the blanks from what you heard in the club house.
To be honest Ed, the only place I hear any chatter about any alleged irregularities/cheating is on this site.

And if those who were involved did sort it out, then no one would hear anything about it - and they don't, so the rest of us do, in threads like this.

Like I said, the honest shooters amongst you who bat for the country must feel mightily pissed-off (indeed their heart must sink just winning a cap to travel to these gigs) knowing that, whatever the team and individual results might be, there'll potentially/invariably be this kind of autopsy.

It has to take the shine off any individual/team win, knowing that questions are being asked even before the podium winners are announced.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have received numerous correspondence regarding this matter. I am fairly reliably informed that it was very well refereed. In fact I seem to remember that a referees decision is final. That is the way I have always competed, if I am not happy with a referees decision I will ask them politely if they are sure, if the referee alters my score I always ask them to initial it . I certainly would not alter it myself. It is my understanding that a member of the Welsh team made a protest, was their protest overruled or upheld, did they lose their fee or was it returned ?

Last edited by a moderator:
You have all suddenly gone very quiet !

Have we brushed this under the carpet and pretending it isn't happening and never as?

Not gone quiet. just not getting any answer.....so thought it might be easier to ask one at a time.........latest one sent...

12/8/13

Dear Nick,

I have now been waiting some time for an answer to my questions re San Antonio.

Could you please confirm that you were at the Opening Ceremony?

Kind regards

Nicola Heron.

looks like all the balls have fell out of the pram all coverd up now but i dont think the shooters who were there will forget who???????????????

Back