World ICTSF English Sporting in Canada

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think people aught to be very careful not to be confused and make wrong assumptions on here.

For the newbies who do not yet know their A from their E as far as competition is concerened .....this thread has gone off topic somewhat on page 5 and Steve seems to know a bit about the refs situation and then on page 7 into a history lesson about FITASC and an open letter from George. followed by some confusing posts.

I actually dont like this and I feel that it has to be said and made very clear.... that The winner of the ICTSF World English sporting ...big George ..... did so without any blemish on his record or score card......and I am sure that all posters on this thread would agree that George won this title fair and square. I would really hate for anyone reading this thread to be confused by parts of it.....or to think that the circulating gossip in any way refers to George......IT BLOODY WELL DOES NOT..!

The ICTSF should get its act together and stop all this rubbish.....and try and look like a World Federation FFS..!

Fair comments (Matt/Nic), BUT, an accusation was made against a shooter by another shooter, which was then cleared by the ICTSF jury and no action was deemed necessary, and that is on topic for this thread. We all know that the allegation took place BUT it might help the jungle drums if the entire situation was clarified, and therefore stop misinformed stories, or not...

Agree Matt - but wild speculation on a shooting forum is not the place - the ICTSF (do they even have a website?  I'm available) should for sure publish it, if they have resolved the issue and their action plan is clear. 

Until then - accusations on websites are just gossip. 

Fair comments (Matt/Nic), BUT, an accusation was made against a shooter by another shooter, which was then cleared by the ICTSF jury and no action was deemed necessary.
Too much inaccurate info going around.

Too much inaccurate info going around.
OK and we clear that up by doing...?

I'm all for not encouraging wild gossip, believe me, some of the things I have heard, if repeated on here would be extremely funny but would result in a mother of all lawsuits :) BUT in order to stop the gossip you have to put the record straight with facts, if ICTSF are not competent to do it then we should, IMO and no Matt I don't think they have a website, not even sure why they exist... but thats another thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK and we clear that up by doing...?

I'm all for not encouraging wild gossip, believe me, some of the things I have heard, if repeated on here would be extremely funny but would result in a mother of all lawsuits :) BUT in order to stop the gossip you have to put the record straight with facts, if ICTSF are not competent to do it then we should, IMO and no Matt I don't think they have a website, not even sure why they exist... but thats another thread.
As I believe that I was the first one to mention it on here I can confirm that it most definitely was not George. It is common knowledge in some areas who the person involved was but as Matt quite rightly says this forum is not the place to name names.

Now if the governing body were to make a report as I believe they should that would be another matter.

Action was taken and 5 targets were deducted. It is up to the National federation to which this shooter is a member of, to take appropriate actions, if needed and decided by the nation's federation. ICTSF could not go any further according to their rules. The same applied to the Canadian organising federation, shooting club and jury.

This is all that can be said.

Henry

Yes Henry.....I think ICTSF has come to realise that not only does it need a website....but it needs a proper constitution along with fit for purpose rules and regulations....not to mention a code of conduct, discipline procedures and an Appeals process.

Cpsa sits on this federation....it holds their money in our bank account....it has had extensive legal problems over the years where they got it 'completely wrong' and had to take the consequences.......and yet still have not influenced ICTSF to do it properly...!

Probably due to lacking the skill sets necessary..... Not easy running NGB's......it is a tad harder than just turning up at all parts of the World (at Opening ceremonies....or not as the case may be) and waving the flag with our team and winners (or not as the case may be)....and it certainly is not about trips to see grassy knolls etc (SA) before any medals have been won.....no matter how much you might fancy a tourist trip..... (Laugh)

Goodness me......doesn't anyone know what a real federation should look like??

I do....... :wink: As I have always said......FITASC and ISSF are the only 2 real World Federations.

OK well I know who it is, what was done and consequently what the resulting action was, and now I know, I now understand the reasons for not mentioning any of it on here.

On a slightly different topic, why was the ICTSF created, by who and what is the reason for being?

An ex CEO created it......

Why?.......who the duck knows???

But it gives great jollies....lots of membership money goes into sending lots of people all over the world.....I don't know how much team members get approx £300 which will just pay for them to get their foot on the first step of the aircraft for NZ next year. The individuals have to pay for the rest. Not sure who pays for any of our directors to go..(normally Bobbykins) ...could be a split between ICTSF and Cpsa......but I will put money on it that they have everything paid including the drinkies.... L. O. L. Last time it was down under the drinks bill was 'huge'....thank goodness it got put to ICTSF to pay....

We voted as a board to pull out of it as it was costing us toooooo much money...but not long after I left the Board and so did Bjorn and Carl......and all of a sudden ......it was back on...... :laugh:

Last edited:
:fie:   Nicola, You know and I know that nothings going to change! :fie:   I have said so for years  and have been poo hoo'd for years.

You went onto the board with the best of intentions but to no avail? you realized that you were banging your head against a brick wall and being cast

as a s***stirrer and called it a day .It carries on as usual wasting shooters money! :hunter:

Bloody interesting comments. We had a Kiwi chairing the Assn. during the World English in NZ, I don't even think he was there for the competition days.

He was however in Canada holding the NZ flag. Shame that 2 extremely keen NZ shooters were there competing and he couldn't get them to stand with NZ flag!!

Funny how the ICTSF has money for him to go from N.Z.  to Canada as a delegate. They must be rolling in funds. I'm presuming that they are charging Associations such as our NZCTA money (like FITASC) to be members, and then shoot fees to cover their drinks, SORRY Asociation meetings.

This same person did absolutey nothing to promote the sport in NZ or try and get teams there or even those going to form a scratch team. 

Madds,

What was his name , Orduna, Blaney, Boakes , Bobbett or Fellows?  

I am not surprised that you don't know him. He ran the world FITASC down here,  finished there and popped up, as do all political types, in this newish outfit, as President and then not supported by the NZCTA in that role, and is now a delegate!!

Some Aussies penned him the grey ghost when shooting over here!! Ewen Pirie is his name.

Hey Madds....some on in your organisation must have elected him onto ICTSF because it is not an open board or elected by members board. The individual countries decide and put their two delegates to it. (They might have changed it to one now as I am not up to date).

They must be rolling in funds. I'm presuming that they are charging Associations such as our NZCTA money (like FITASC) to be members, and then shoot fees to cover their drinks, SORRY Asociation meetings.

This same person did absolutey nothing to promote the sport in NZ or try and get teams there or even those going to form a scratch team.
They are not rolling in funds.....but again my info is out of date, since i left as a director.......but anyone interested could apply to Nick Fellows for information because we run the bank account......well.....actually.....there is no bank account as such......it is ring fenced in the Cpsa bank.....and thus the cheque for anything comes from us.....the Cpsa.......otherwise they would have their own bank account..!!I never liked this situation....and brought it up several times at the board.......finally having to bring it up with our accountant before it was even ring fenced......and that took an argument at board with Bobbykins for me to get that. (Always an amusing experience).

'If'.......the ICTSF..... are a 'real' federation......they should have their own bank account, their own website, their own rules and regulations, their own procedures, their own complaints policy, and most certainly their own discipline procedures to cover anything like bad behaviour or cheating.

I am sure you all know ...that you cannot enforce a discipline procedure that was created after a disciplinary issue......that is closing the door after the horse has bolted.

At the moment the ICTSF do not have any published procedures and cannot judge or sanction on any event issue until they are in place. So 'that' should answer a lot of questions on alleged problems currently being discussed.

Last edited:
Back