CPSA smiles on the north!

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CPSA will be mainly re-locating en-masse for the event, again all set up costs will need to be covered, all of the staff etc will require accommodation / feeding / watering etc, the event income needs to cover this too. Ive no doubt missed some other added costs, am now even more Im thinking this event may be subsidised and not a cash cow that it at first appeared.

And no Im not a CPSA nor Doveridge staff member,
Not sure why they need to have “all the CPSA staff located en-masse,”pretty sure that didn’t happen back in the 80’s and 90’s when I last did these events, 1 perhaps 2 max on the final day seems to be what I remember.What do they add to the shooters experience? Sounds more like a jolly that they expect the competitors to pay for .

Not sure why they need to have “all the CPSA staff located en-masse,”pretty sure that didn’t happen back in the 80’s and 90’s when I last did these events, 1 perhaps 2 max on the final day seems to be what I remember.What do they add to the shooters experience? Sounds more like a jolly that they expect the competitors to pay for .
They have us over a barrel sadly. If you want to compete in our nationals then you pay what they ask.

As I said before, the events are heavily sponsored. Surely that income negates any extra costs.

PM.

Jonz, I probably worded that staff thing poorly, CPSA will have bodies on the ground all shoot days, they handle all the shoot admin, entry desk / numbers / queries / return of scorecards / collating and the live scoreboard etc. They will be there from day 1 till end of final day, I doubt very much its a jolly as its both their job and dealing face to face with us clay bashers, even the nice ones all week does not sound all that attractive. For those of them that may be staying close to the ground, being away from family etc sounds glam, its work related so it never is. An odd pint G&T at the Dog n Duck it maybe but it wont be nights of raucous booze filled partying.

I decided at the end of last year that in 2024 I was going to shoot every major ESP & SSP that was feasible for me to get too (basically, south of Birmingham). But I have to say, the Pro One is the highlight of my shooting calendar!
what day you booked in on? Im there Friday morning.

Jonz, I probably worded that staff thing poorly, CPSA will have bodies on the ground all shoot days, they handle all the shoot admin, entry desk / numbers / queries / return of scorecards / collating and the live scoreboard etc. They will be there from day 1 till end of final day, I doubt very much its a jolly as its both their job and dealing face to face with us clay bashers, even the nice ones all week does not sound all that attractive. For those of them that may be staying close to the ground, being away from family etc sounds glam, its work related so it never is. An odd pint G&T at the Dog n Duck it maybe but it wont be nights of raucous booze filled partying.
As someone that has spent years working away on business, I can assure you it will NOT be a jolly the the CPSA team. I't hard work!

As someone that has spent years working away on business, I can assure you it will NOT be a jolly the the CPSA team. I't hard work!
You worked for the wrong people then, I always stayed in the best hotels, ate at the best restaurants and traveled business class, 25 years of “ jolly” hard work 😉

You worked for the wrong people then, I always stayed in the best hotels, ate at the best restaurants and traveled business class, 25 years of “ jolly” hard work 😉
I have definitely been doing it wrong then! 😂😂

I've booked on for the English but sadly too much work on in August for the British and costs are also an issue.

I kept an eye on the booking overview lastnight so see who was shooting and when.

Wow. Sportrap sold out in a couple hours and the sporting was full by this morning. Demand must be huge.

Did anyone miss out?

PM

Yep - Missed out on the British - the problem was trying to book two slots in the same squad for my daughter (24) and I.

I except the demand must have been there but I wonder how many other juniors have been excluded because of effectively needing two places.

Yep - Missed out on the British - the problem was trying to book two slots in the same squad for my daughter (24) and I.

I except the demand must have been there but I wonder how many other juniors have been excluded because of effectively needing two places.
I saw they'd staggered the entry opening times to help people book both but getting full squads I imagine is still hard work.

I wonder how many days would need to be available for supply to outstrip demand.

PM.

Should have made no difference, I booked 2 of us pretty much the same as booking 1 person, in fact booked 3 of us, you have about 20 mins to complete the reservation?

I've booked on for the English but sadly too much work on in August for the British and costs are also an issue.

I kept an eye on the booking overview lastnight so see who was shooting and when.

Wow. Sportrap sold out in a couple hours and the sporting was full by this morning. Demand must be huge.

Did anyone miss out?

PM
Yep! Senior moment forgot about it last night and this morning all sold out! Who said clay shooting is on the wane! 🤨
Put my name on the waiting list but not holding my breath.

Latest posts

Back