Who's where this Sunday?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes mate, that's what they said......but the sun's gonna shine and I'm going shooting! :D

You out tomorrow Andy?

I wanted to go to rugby for the ABT but, it's too sunny to drive for 2hrs each way, the wife is due in 3 weeks so would be killed if not at alert 5, and finally I can't face 2 hrs in my replacement hire car .... I never realised a fiat 500 was a like for like replacement or a BMW 530d m sport... ( irony the BMW is more economical!!)

Darkside, it will be Tommy who got a 50 a fortnight ago or wee Brian maybe,though if Wullie Gordon attends he will do well,he is shooting really good. The glory hunters will be there in force aswell. Some were there last week, they were shooting the birds on report, yes I know thats how it works, but we shoot them as sim pairs every time. It is such a change to shoot birds on report, you have so much time on the second bird.

chiefy :wink:
How did you get on then? Don't know who Tommy or Brian are, none of the shot 100 today......

Hey, I shot a 64 so ok for my fifth 100 bird shoot, but I was dissapointed with some I should have hit, think my mount was suspect on a few of the ones I expected to get,as my glasses were obscuring part of my view, I use a little spot of tape on my left lens as I have central vision, so sometimes the bird disappears from view only to appear on the left. This has happened on a few occasions but never on a left to right bird. Think I might try no tape on left lens and then close left eye when ready to pull trigger as I am not getting anywhere with the Beretta glasses I have. as I can see the rim slightly which does not give me a full view, may try rimless glasses also. Pleased with the day overall, didn't want to and never did change from 3/4 chokes all day, maybe I should have on a few stands. Did you shoot yourself ?

chiefy

Won c class with 81, pleased with most of the stands I shot, angry at myself for totally miss reading the second bird on 2 stands, for a 5 & 6.

Well done that man, I will be back there again on Sunday. I will be trying the one eye squint for a change, though it will need a few rounds to see if I do better that way, I have shot a 45x50 with the spot on the left lens though. Bit of a night out on saturday so will try to be good, or trying a few options will be a waste of time.

chiefy

Christening on Sunday, working Saturday = no shooting for me this weekend :( Looks like the next time I'm going to get out will be 5th August for a selection shoot up at Lindertis Woods (Kirriemuir)

chiefy - the change from one eye to tape and vice versa may take a little longer than you think, in my experience at least, my eye dominance changes under various circumstances so I use tape

Shot like a blind man last Sunday, so a week in the sun will be a good rest before the World. Might sneak in EJC on 2nd..

Steve, is Upavon too far for you? We're thinking of Upavon for 10 and then the Sportrap at 4C's for 1pm.

Working weekends what !!! Changed jobs entirely in Feb as had worked every other weekend since starting work, It's taking a bit of getting used to being off weekends.

What to do on the 5th,mmm ! My birthday so it is, usually I get a lesson or so from Ronnie at Dalry.

Trying no tape will hopefully get rid of the tape blind spot that a clay sometimes appears from behind, all of a sudden it shows with a flash and it's gone,though more often than not I get it,folk think I've lost it till I get it, seem to shoot better fast and gun down with no time dwell on things.

Have ordered a wee pair of rimless glasses also as the beretta ones don't sit as high as I would like.

chiefy

Working weekends what !!! Changed jobs entirely in Feb as had worked every other weekend since starting work, It's taking a bit of getting used to being off weekends.

What to do on the 5th,mmm ! My birthday so it is, usually I get a lesson or so from Ronnie at Dalry.

Trying no tape will hopefully get rid of the tape blind spot that a clay sometimes appears from behind, all of a sudden it shows with a flash and it's gone,though more often than not I get it,folk think I've lost it till I get it, seem to shoot better fast and gun down with no time dwell on things.

Have ordered a wee pair of rimless glasses also as the beretta ones don't sit as high as I would like.

chiefy
i ended up biting the bullet and bought hidef with prescription inserts, i went from closing an eye to using tape as it reduced aiming for me but have to turn my head more for left to right targets, that was after a period of no tape and both eyes, that was a bad experience

As before will be at Houston early.

Prob worse for wear as sister staying saturday before they go home to Sweden on sunday.

Anyone else feel inspired after this weeks TV inspiration ?

Thought you had to be old and have a carer to shoot Trap, Peter Wilson has changed my mind. :eek:

chiefy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back