Where would your money go?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To be honest I have had a 692, now I know it's not a premium gun but it was less than satisfactory and plagued with issues so I would not be tempted to go down the beretta route again if it was given to me.
I've had 2 now, a bit off topic what issues did you have?

Top leaver sticking, an easy fix i know, then ejector timing issue, when this was resolved every time I removed the forend the ejectors would turn themselves off, then a split in the stock developed and then it was gone!

the only P gun I would look at is a HPX after handling one, but a fair bit more than the budget you posted 

Tom, Matt, if I had the spare money I would of bought the Perazzi myself and not even let it go on the shelf. It's lovely! Pop the F3 in and we will have a look.

Cheers

Chris

I would like to reply but i fear the proven thin skinned amongst you would take great offence therefore i shall refrain.

I do like the b25 but t doesn't strike me as a clay specific gun. As I said in a recent thread I have been given a poor b25 a1 and the restoration was the original plan for the money but since we gathered that it wasn't worth doing I've decided to go down the new (to me) gun route.
I'll have the B25 :)

Specific clay gun? it is in the eye of the beholder,  Plenty of guns for £6k, what's not specifically clay gun about the F3 (have you tried the "supersport"? And what wrong with MK38's? Might not cost £6k but i cant think of a more competent clay muncher..................

Perazzi are the Ferrari of guns as much as I hate to admit it shot an Mx12 pro sport just doesn't get better!!

As Shaun said,t they are the Ferrari of shotguns. None of us need one of these guns but I will always have that itch that needs scratching. There was nothing wrong with my mk38 aside from it was beating me up and I was offered a rediculosly good trade in on it so it went.

I do like the b25 but t doesn't strike me as a clay specific gun. As I said in a recent thread I have been given a poor b25 a1 and the restoration was the original plan for the money but since we gathered that it wasn't worth doing I've decided to go down the new (to me) gun route.
Tom,there are many B25's that very clay specific indeed. At one time the B25 was the must have trap gun and even won Olympic gold in the hands of Bob Braithwaite.

There are only three wise runners at £6k, a used K80 in decent condition which you seem to want, a used Perazzi in excellent condition which is the less chancy bet and a superb condition DT10L / 11which I believe an unbiased engineer would elect as the best made and which experience has shown to be the least prone to malfunction.

All three can be made to fit and all three can be shot well if you put the effort in to get to know them.

Tom,there are many B25's that very clay specific indeed. At one time the B25 was the must have trap gun and even won Olympic gold in the hands of Bob Braithwaite.
 I Shot 180/200 at ABT at the EO last year with a 50 year old B25. Ian Peel shot 200 straight a number of years ago at ABT and Carriga also won world champs and olympic medals with one.  

The problem is trying to find one thats been looked after and not been Basterrr..sporterised or modified for hgh pheasants at 185 yards (apparently).

If they didn't cost 12K new and had sponsered shooters using them,  I still think that they would be winning major championships.  

I Shot 180/200 at ABT at the EO last year with a 50 year old B25. Ian Peel shot 200 straight a number of years ago at ABT and Carriga also won world champs and olympic medals with one.  

The problem is trying to find one thats been looked after and not been Basterrr..sporterised or modified for hgh pheasants at 185 yards (apparently).

If they didn't cost 12K new and had sponsered shooters using them,  I still think that they would be winning major championships.  
Yes Paul I agree with all that mate! If I could buy a new John Moses Trap I would ! But the used ones that I looked at have been pretty tired and they were not cheap either. I would love a Carrega ST150, never shot one but I love the look of them. Back last year I was having a look around for a gun and I couldn't find any decent B25 trap guns at a reasonable price, many had been sporterised, others were pretty knackered and the owners wanted the earth for them. It baffles me as to why Browning no longer seem to be interested in sponsoring trap shooters, although I think Steve Walton is still sponsored by them to some degree.

krieghoff krieghoff krieghoff, try them all before you buy one. The krieghoff will take some getting used too after the new gun honeymoon period,but once you get to grips with it its the ultimate clay buster!! gebben miles ,mark winser, ed solomons, works for them... best to make your own decision.

Well this evening I popped to have a look at a Perazzi mx8 now I know it's not an mx2000 but it was local and seemed rather well priced so I thought it was worth a look. Aside from the gun not being as advertised, I found it rather underwhelming. It seemed very barrel light to me but balanced around the hinge, it also did not seem as smooth to mount or swing as my Blaser, now I'm not comparing a Blaser to a Perazzi but it did very little for me.

Having spent the last couple of months acclimatising with a Krieghoff I think it was the best investment I made. Expect the bank balance and scores to dip around the same time but when you get used to the dynamics of the gun it is worth it. I have to confess to keeping hold of my other guns as game and bad weather options, but the longer I go without shooting them the more likely I am to sell them on.

Obviously a very personal thing, hence all the various answers you will get.

I have shot Krieghoff for about 12 years and will never use another gun for clay/game in my life.

Better built than anything else, impeccable service from Alan Rhone and never had so much as a sniff of a problem with mine or any of my customers.

I could shoot any gun I want, and I choose to shoot a K80. The two guns I really have a dislike for are the DT series or beretta SO type cross bolt things and perazzis. Feel awful to me, but as I said earlier- very personal.

Ed is right, it's a very personel thing, I have never found a K I have liked, doesn't mean they are not quality guns, just don't suit me, neither does the DT11, so I went for. Perazzi MX2000s, you really need to go and shoot a variety of guns and see which one feels right.

Ed

wash your mouth out so series is heavenly as for dt i agree to a point std 10 very lively imo suit slow and precise shooters if your a bit lively yourself then dt10 will run away with you. Funny how we all settle after a while with a make and become very brand loyal. A good thing really that we all like different things. I know i joke a bit too much about p and k etc but its only in fun.

Latest posts

Back