Beretta A400 Xcel, Clay Breaker...Duck Hunter?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThrowEmHigh

Hello fellow clay shooters!

I'm looking for some advice about my A400 Xcel Black Edition. At the beginning of September I was invited on a dove hunt. I have an old Winchester 1300 that's on the fritz and the A400 Xcel, used only to shoot clay thus far. The Winchester was out for reliability reasons. Even in the pouring rain, the clay gun performed flawlessly. It was raining so hard, my buddies Winchester XPS started having light strikes. After I shot my limit, I called it a day. Now, I'm invited to the upcoming waterfowl hunt. I intend to use the A400 Xcel again, this time shooting Black Cloud Steel, 3 inch, #2 and BB. I purchased two Carlson chokes rated for the ammunition. My question is, does anyone forsee any issues if I continue to use the A400 Xcel on hunting trips? My main concerns are, the wood deteriorating because of moisture, running heavier game loads through a clay gun, general wear and tear, etc. Would it be prudent to look into purchasing a more hunting appropriate gun, suchas as the A400 Xtreme down the road?

Any feedback the community has o offer would be greatly appreciated!

Dan

Latest posts

Back