The Stratstone Super Seven Challenge at RBSS - HUGE prizes

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Of course Matt....you could always raise a bigger pot by making it a 'Calcutta'.

This is where people bid for their man or woman up to the start date of the shoot. The highest bidder wins their man. They have to pay up within a day or it goes to the 2nd highest bidder. Obviously it is for one winner and the shooter normally get the option to buy half of himself. This allows people to really fight for their choice.....it raises more money.

Criteria to be set......is it win overall high gun in the final or the car.

Could I suggest overall high gun.

We could then have a side bet on whether the car will be won or not. This would be a simple Yes or no....£5 in......50% of that money to Dylan's charity......but you get a photo sat in the car if it is won (if they allow that sort of thing) and all those on the winning side of yes or no.....split the other 50%

:laugh:

Last edited:
I need to think of the best way of doing this - first come first served on your favourites might not be very easy... leave it with me for a couple of days and I'll figure out a way.

Calcutta allows for the most money to be raised.

By the way......the best bit in the terms and conditions in my view is this.........and I quote

"During the competition, qualification to the Final or at the Final itself any individual deemed to be contravening the rules set, or the spirit of the competition or, for any other reason, will not partake in the Final, and their entry fee will be refunded and no correspondence will be entered into."

It is great to see at last .......the words 'the spirit of the competition'........I wish we could see that condition in more competitions.

The spirit of the competition dictates manners and good sportsmanship. It takes me back to better times in our sport.....!

Last edited:
Matt how about a hidden name in each square, you buy a square and who ever wins the competition there name is revealed from the hidden square and who ever bought the square wins the pot less a deduction for a charity?

I'd plump for is it Steve Leonard from Sporting Targets ? The chap who regularly features in their high tower challenge.

No,  not that nutter from Rutland who can't keep awake on short car journeys.

If the idea is raising money then a Calcutta is the most effective......just saying..!

Chubs.....it is now out of my hands....not sure what my idea may morph into now ......waiting for Matt.

Might open the original idea as a Cal on Facebook.....in case this gets nowhere.

I'll do this one the site - but not until next week - I'm busy with real work. I just want to find a menthod that involves as many people as possible and raises a small amount for charity.

There is no hurry - the event doesn't start until 1st October...

Ok will wait a week to see what you come up with. Thank Matt.

Quite pleased to have been invited to shoot this on the press day - will report back with pictures to let you know how the shoot looks...

I'm booked in to shoot it on 1st oct , will be very interesting to say the least

Still think the cars are safe tho !!!!

I sincerely hope that someone wins a car, because a very good friend will be a double winner if it happens.

I think it is a distinct possibility that I will be selling a few art works to sponsor multiple goes at this.

I am trying to organise a special group. I love their tower especially when it is changed at the extremes each shot. That auto changer is fab...you can wave those birds all over the place.

I am definitely having a few punts at this with a couple of friends who said they will fly in for it....maybe on the way back from Madrid if they can re-route in time.

Not expecting a good score.....'I just want to shoot' .......it :)

I am trying to organise a special group. I love their tower especially when it is changed at the extremes each shot. That auto changer is fab...you can wave those birds all over the place.
I am definitely having a few punts at this with a couple of friends who said they will fly in for it....maybe on the way back from Madrid if they can re-route in time.
Not expecting a good score.....'I just want to shoot' .......it :)
Me too can't wait to shoot those targets.

Sent from my mobile that's my excuse for typos and errors.

Back