The White Gold - Only 8 weeks left......!

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Lovatt

Have you had a go at The White Gold yet?   It really isn't a s cut and dried as everyone has thought it would be. Similar to Sportrap in that you have an Arena with 5 traps, in your first stand you will shoot 20 birds (2 singles, 4 simo pairs), then you swap to your next stand to shoot another 2 singles and 4 simo pairs.  Very simple, very effective.  There are NO MENUS to follow - so you shoot what you see.

In the qualifying period (up to 2.45pm) everyone shoots to get their best score in.  Of each category the best 8 scores will go into the head to head knockout at 3pm where if you go all the way you will shoot another 3 rounds of 20 birds FOC).  One person standing from each category wins £50 and a place in the final.

You don't have to shoot any particular brand of cartridge to enter, max load is 28gm.  Entry is £18, any re-entry is £10.  

This competition is self funding the prize pot.  It is not sponsored until the end when on 29th September you can shoot for free in the final, White Gold cartridges will be provided for you.

After this weekend there will only be 14 qualifying rounds left before the big day of the final on 29th September 2013.

Gold Category (AA and A) will have 32 Competitors, Silver Category (B and C) will have 32 Competitors.

8 People from EACH category are guaranteed a prize on the day -

4 people will win £200 each,

2 people will win £400 each,

1 person will win £1,000 and

1 person will win £3,000!  

The Final is FREE.  No further entry fee and White Gold Cartridges are included.

The Final is a head to head knockout.  Here is how it works:

Round 1: 32 People go head to head (16 pairs) shooting 20 birds.  16 People will be knocked out from this Round.

Round 2: 16 People go head to head (8 Pairs) shooting 20 birds.  8 People will be knocked out from this Round.

(Quarter Final) Round 3: 8 People go head to head (4 Pairs) Shooting 20 Birds.  4 People will be knocked out from this round but they will take home £200 Each.  4th Place

(Semi Final) Round 4: 4 People go head to head (2 Pairs) Shooting 20 Birds.  2 People will be knocked out from this round but they will take home £400 Each.  3rd Place

(Final) Round 5:  2 People go head to head (1 Pair) Shooting 20 Birds.  1 Person will be the runner up and take home £1,000, The other will be the winner and take home £3,000!!

Simple.

How many Championships are there out there this year where the winner will be chosen from just 32 people and they will win £3,000?   

Who are the finalists so far that have already won £50 each on the day?

Gold: 

1. Julian Morris
2. Rick Wyatt
3. Leigh Whiting
4. Phil Marks
5. Martin Myers
6. Kevin Sherratt
7. Chris Childerhouse
8. Jon Kendall
9. John Lee
10. Kevin Howland
11. David Hughes
12. Colin Pennington
13. Graham Stirzaker
14. Richard Bunning
15. Chris Durrant
16.  Nick Portlock
Silver

1. Ashley Keylock
2. Lee Jones
3. Robert Bailey
4. Karen Mason
5. R. Butler
6. Paul Ibbotson
7. Jon Freeman (16 yrs old)
8. Charlie Avery
9. Les Meynell
10. Aaron Harvey
11. Richard Dunsdon
12 .Dave Roper
13. Brody Woollard (12 yrs old)
14. Richard Horn
15. Jamie Enders
16. Mike Pepperd

We have two qualifiers this weekend, for the first time at Weston Wood.  OX25 3QE.  Entries are open on the White Gold 10am to 2.45pm last qualifying shot ready for the final to start at 3pm.  Winner of the final in each category receives £50 and secures their place in the BIG final on 29th September.

The following is the list of August fixtures where The White Gold Challenge will be hosted.  Running alongside is a 100 bird shoot if nothing else is stated.

3rd August  We are at Weston Wood SG with a 120 bird reg sporting running alongside

4th August  We are at Weston Wood SG with a 120 bird reg sporting running alongside

10th August  We are at Windrush SG

11th August   We are at Garlands SG

24th August   We are at Windrush SG for 50 Birds Extreme Sporting (not registered, £30 entry and re-entry counts) with The White Gold Challenge

25th August  We are at Westfield SG

No one will be fastracked into the final.  No Gamebore Sponsored Shooters will be 'put in' at the last minute.  Every place will have to be earned.

Come and have a go - it's great fun, the targets are not difficult.  If nothing else, to get into the final it's a great way to practice shooting under pressure in front of an audience.  How many chances do you get to practice that??

Hope to see you soon,

Ally and Steve

Unfortunately we cannot run the northern rounds as the ground we were going to use has rape growing on it and we cannot risk the Huge fines with contaminating the crop with clays

We are holding them at garlands this Sunday along side a 120 reg sporting shoot which has good access from the north only being 30 mins from doveridge

Steve

That's a shame.

Although Garlands is only 30 minutes from Doveridge, it's still 150 miles from my neck of the woods.

Shame no other grounds could put you up for the weekend?

I have had a few comments from shooters along the lines of game bore sponsored shooters receiving a free place in the final , let me assure everyone that nobody will get a free place in the final unless they qualify through the knock out rounds like every one else is having to do .

We are running an event at windrush next Thursday afternoon which will be a 70 bird open shoot with long range targets , so if you want practice on long stuff or need to use a full choke for once here's your chance , we will put it on in classes with cash in classes according to entry , and the white gold will run as a qualifier as well

Entries will be open 2 pm till 7 pm . The white gold knock out will start at 7.15 pm prompt so if you want to shoot both be there in plenty of time

Steve

Yes it is 22 nd ed

BM3 are they legal and do they go bang , never heard of them !!!!!!

Have you ordered some tighter chokes chipper or still spraying and preying ??? .

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah but Richard me and nick know there is no better more reliable competition gun out there it helped me and nick win many a comp

Think mr ed and Ben would also agree hahaha

Steve

Ah but Richard me and nick know there is no better more reliable competition gun out there it helped me and nick win many a comp

Steve
Steve will let you try some of those BM3's you will be converted

We are on the same road as Westfield the A436 near Bourton on water the nearest postcode is Gl54 3 BZ look out for clay shoot signs opposite a pair of semi detached cottages .

Forgot to say earlier this is not a reg shoot so no need to worry about averages just come , enjoy and see what you can do

Steve
All these years there's me thinking its all you chaps having put in years of dedicated practice matched with natural ability and superb shotgun skills, :), now if a muppet like me had one of those K80's I'd show you how badly someone can shoot with one!

Surprised no Mirook nor Perazzi boys challenged you on the claim, still time.

Anyway thought you were on holiday? Chillax out for a few days, looks as if your feet won't touch the floor when you're back so make the most etc

Ally,

Has Steve had chance to read the new articles? Or has he been too busy rubbing out the bar bill price and altering it to suit his pocket?

Back