The English open at hodnet

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well it isn't gonna be me i could only manage 101/120  cracking shoot though might have to go back for the re shoot at the end of the month  

Well it isn't gonna be me i could only manage 101/120  cracking shoot though might have to go back for the re shoot at the end of the month  
That's a fair score by all accounts. 

Seems you need to be consistent from 6 through to 12 do that and your in with a chance of a good score. 

image.png

fantastic ground/facilities, excellent referees. after starting poor I just got worse half way around wanted to put gun in car and go back to work. It was too hard/relentless for an average shooter not shooting well and to be honest felt a bit mugged off. your right daz 6 - 12 were the stands that destroy the lower classes is there any need. if your struggling with distant curling sim pairs save your money.

I think Adrian Johnsons score might take a bit of beating - couldn't be a nicer bloke out there... so I hope it holds. 

Is this a shoot where the winner wins or do they go to a super dooper final? 

isn't it just to qualify for a super final on sunday though. terrific score by any means will take something a bit special to better that.

I think you are right Darren.... Super Final of 6 on Sunday. 

fantastic ground/facilities, excellent referees. after starting poor I just got worse half way around wanted to put gun in car and go back to work. It was too hard/relentless for an average shooter not shooting well and to be honest felt a bit mugged off. your right daz 6 - 12 were the stands that destroy the lower classes is there any need. if your struggling with distant curling sim pairs save your money.
I do hope that you wrote this shortly after shooting and were still feeling 'p*ss*d orf'  !  Have a look at ANY shoot results page and there will be far more also rans than winners, THAT is the nature of a competitive sport. Take it on the chin, get back up, dust yerself down and think about how you could change things to shoot better next time. Perhaps,  if you do not have too far to travel,  consider a lesson with one of the Grounds Instructors on similar targets to those you found difficult. If it is any consolation,  you were physically able to attend and shoot.

I do hope that you wrote this shortly after shooting and were still feeling 'p*ss*d orf'  !  Have a look at ANY shoot results page and there will be far more also rans than winners, THAT is the nature of a competitive sport. Take it on the chin, get back up, dust yerself down and think about how you could change things to shoot better next time. Perhaps,  if you do not have too far to travel,  consider a lesson with one of the Grounds Instructors on similar targets to those you found difficult. If it is any consolation,  you were physically able to attend and shoot.
Aren't you doing this shoot.. Seem to remember suggestions for team names bring put forward..

How did you get on? 

Shot this today with a nice bunch in the squad. 

I certainly found stands 6-12 really challenging and card trashing. I'm not upset, it's a major shoot so you expect it to be of a certain standard!

It felt like a real battle all the way through, with only one 'gimmie' stand (pair of incommers). Ended up on 64/120 which, thankfully, shouldn't hurt the average ? 

Aren't you doing this shoot.. Seem to remember suggestions for team names bring put forward..

How did you get on?
Paul,

I wish that I could have shot this, but I only have 1 eye at present (the lengths that some will go to to solve a 'master' eye problem ! ). The shoot that we did was the 'Cheshire Shield' also at Hodnet on 31/3/16. We all had a cracking day (I think ?) but I will leave it to others to announce the scores. I just do not believe that anyone in the top 40 in this shoot,  have anything to worry about !  :ahappy:

Back